Medical Science Liaison, Hematology-Chicago (South)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Supports research initiatives across development at the request of R&D to include, but not limited to, site evaluation and identification, recruitment, investigator meetings, external expert identification, and external collaboration management.
- Identifies, gains access to, and develops professional relationships with external experts (EEs) in therapeutic areas within assigned geography.
- Routinely communicates field insights to internal business partners. Provides education relative to disease state and AbbVie products across the product lifecycle to healthcare providers and researchers.
- Continually educates self on market issues/trends and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business responsibilities in key therapeutic areas.
- Works with in-field teams to develop and execute a territory plan designed to support and meet shared business objectives. Inputs and maintains internal database as it relates to HCP interactions in respective geography.
- Marketplace preparation in new therapeutic areas of interest, which includes creating awareness and relationships for AbbVie in the Medical community.
- Serves as a scientific resource to commercial partners as appropriate to support activities such as Medical Congress staffing, Advisory Boards, and training initiatives.
- Efficient and responsible use of resources, including financial decisions.
- The MSL is accountable for providing and supporting clinical information needs within an assigned geography and supporting the MSL team and corporate needs by meeting targeted goals relevant to specific EEs MSLs provide support for strategic clinical initiatives, executes a territory business plan and team tactical plan supporting business needs, meets assigned project deadlines, and achieves annual functional goals.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedure.
Territory includes: Chicago (South) Central IL, Western MI and Northern IN
Position can be hired as a Medical Science Liaison or Senior Medical Liaison based on the candidate's level of experience and education.
- Advanced degree required (i.e. Pharm D, MD/DO, PhD, PA or NP, BSN) in a relevant scientific discipline. Doctorate strongly preferred in a health science or clinical discipline. Significant industry experience in relevant therapeutic area may be accepted in lieu of education requirements.
- Greater than or equal to 2 years of clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent required.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience within relevant scientific discipline preferred.
- The MSL must possess advanced problem solving and analytic skills to be able to identify, and translate specific territory and corporate needs, into an action that will achieve objectives.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- An essential requirement of your position is to meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.