Medicare Contracting Advisor - United States, Work From Home (Legal)
821 HealthSpring Inc
POSITION SUMMARY The Cigna Medicare Contracting Advisor will be responsible for the development and implementation of broker contracting strategy in alignment with CMS and Cigna requirements. In collaboration with the broker sales team, this individual will ensure partner needs are met and proper expectations set with clear communication of timelines throughout the process. The Contracting Advisor needs to work in partnership across multiple functional areas, providing specialized operational guidance to the broker sales team and improving the efficiency of sales operations.
The individual will champion strategies aligned to Cigna Government Business focus areas: achieve customer growth goals, develop/deliver affordable solutions, build strong and diverse teams in an inclusion environment, and partner effectively across the enterprise to create value.
Achievements are largely dependent on successfully partnering with multiple constituents, which include enterprise operational teams (including but not limited to Legal, Compliance, Sales Integrity, Commissions, and Operations Effectiveness), broker sales team, and external sales partners. This is accomplished by building and maintaining strong relationships along with identifying, suggesting, and implementing best practices to facilitate best solutions to optimize sales processes and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate a customer-centric atmosphere that is open to and builds upon new ideas and solutions.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the broker sales team on contract language, answering questions/issues, spanning across all toplines.
- Collaborate with matrix teams to ensure annual changes in Rules of Engagement are par with competitors.
- Establish a holistic Government Business contract strategy with CSB and PDP counterparts in creating a master contract to cover all Medicare products.
- Serve as subject matter expert for broker sales team on contracting efforts, such as, but not limited to:
- Onboarding contracting paperwork.
- Sales agreement.
- Delegated service agreement.
- Negotiate redlined contracts with an objective lens, balancing the needs of the broker sales team, partners, and overall company goals.
- Collaborate with Legal to regularly review and ensure contract terms and conditions remain current based on expansions, consolidations, or business process changes and are par with competitors.
- Partner with Legal, broker sales team, and external partners to ensure any updates or amendments to contracts are communicated, executed and documented effectively and timely.
- Coordinate with Sales Integrity on FDR Oversight Guide to align with sales and delegated service agreements.
- Work with Legal on establishing a process for contract reviews.
- Evaluate hierarchy change requirements to ensure ease of doing business with Cigna.
- Ensure a smooth hand-off after contract negotiations to assigned broker sales team.
- May travel up to 10%.
- Partner effectively with multiple constituents, which includes enterprise operational teams (Legal, Compliance, Sales Integrity, Commissions, and Operations Effectiveness, etc.), broker sales team, and external partners to maximize partner satisfaction.
- Gather best demonstrated practices of contracting efforts from internal and external stakeholders to constantly improve and challenge status quo of processes.
- Keep sales leadership informed of status, trends, and potential opportunities through regular report-outs.
- Maintain and oversee all requirements related to contracting updates, ensuring internal and external stakeholders are aligned to meet all obligations according to deadlines set.
- Analyze processes and performance results to drive improvements for future contract updates.
- Participate in ad hoc process improvement projects as needed to champion Sales Operations across the segment (IFP, Med Supp, PDP, etc.) or enterprise (commercial, Dental, etc.)
- Raise concerns/issues to ensure they are properly addressed in a timely manner.
- Have the courage to offer alternatives instead of simply saying "yes" to ensure win-win across all parties.
- Respond to complex inquiries, using independent judgment and funneling issues to appropriate teams as needed.
- Remain compliant with all company and governmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Encourage constructive dialogue with others in an inclusive manner, ensuring diverse perspectives are considered to drive innovation.
- Bachelors required or minimum of 3 years work experience in the insurance industry, working with sales agencies
- Medicare experience preferred with an understanding of FDR and MCMG requirements
- Project management experience required
- Experience in contracting, legal, or sales operations required
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite products preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills preferred with the ability to identify, triage, prioritize, and resolve issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to manage through change in a fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented, resourceful, personally accountable and self-directed
- Ability to effectively collaborate across the organization
- Process-oriented with strong organization and planning skills among competing responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proactively seek opportunities for improvement
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak to different audiences
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ***********@cigna.com. Do not email ***********@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.