Menu Clerk 4, NFS Patient Food Services
Rouge Valley Health System
Job Number: J0720-0081
Job Title: Menu Clerk 4, NFS Patient Food Services (GEN)
Department: NFS Patient Food Services
Job Category: Administration/Clerical
Hospital Location: General
Job Type: Part Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: CUPE Local 5852
Hours: Days, Afternoons, Weekends, Holidays
MIN HRLY RATE: $21.50/Hour
MAX HRLY RATE: $23.62/Hour
Date Posted: July 6, 2020
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager, Patient Food Services, you will assist in the smooth operation of the diet office. You may be scheduled at any SHN hospital based on departmental needs.
• Minimum of grade 12 education required
• Minimum typing speed 30 wpm 90% accuracy (skill test will be administered)
• Demonstrated Knowledge of computer software, specifically MS Word, Excel (skill test will be administered)
• Previous experience in office operations and reception
• Pleasant telephone manner
• Excellent knowledge of the English language including excellent written and verbal skills
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Experience with Meditech
• Ability to speak another language is an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.