Mindshare | Digital Director
Digital/ Mobile Singapore, Singapore
Position at Mindshare
The Digital Director will be part of a new and large digital team (search, social, programmatic), dedicated to digital strategy and campaign management for the Account in the region. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and curious person with a meticulous eye on detail and willingness to roll up their sleeves. This key role is immediately required to build the foundations of digital operations for the Account.
This role reports to the Client Lead for the account.
3 best things about the job:
- Young and Dynamic – As part of a young team, you will be directly involved in shaping the future of this business and lay down the foundations of success for the team
- Great work culture – You will work with a diverse and collaborative group of co-workers passionate about digital media that know how to have fun at the same time.
- Flexibility and Empowerment – We appreciate colleagues who are tinkerers and problem solvers, those who think outside the box and contribute to new ways of working.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Familiarized with the client’s business – markets, objectives, campaign types, historical benchmarks, audit of online properties (sites, social presence etc)
- Proposed tech solutions or established a full understanding of the client’s tech stack (search, social, programmatic, ad serving, tag management and other tracking / verification tools) and built a relationship with partners
- With the help of the internal team, launched campaigns across search, social, programmatic
In six months, you would:
- Developed a clear strategy and roadmap for the digital business in line with client ambitions and goals – digital planning and buying, operations, data and analytics
- Launched a solid process / checklist for digital operations which include all pre-launch requirements such as naming conventions, planning and setup guidelines across all platforms used
- Successfully launched campaigns smoothly and firmly following established all mandates and guidelines
In 12 months, you would have:
- The ability to drive the digital agenda and roadmap – test and learn agendas, exploring new partners, formats or publishers, supply strategy, innovations etc
- Developed a solid working relationship with the account teams, Mindshare FAST, mPlatform, clients
- Have a thorough understanding of all things Mindshare and GroupM – awareness of how our products and services can be integrated to the Account whether in or out of scope.
- Work closely with internal planning / client leadership teams as well as the overall Mindshare FAST and mPlatform teams to craft the strategy, agenda and roadmap for the account
- Ownership of operational processes and ways-of-working internally and externally, including keeping a record of rate cards and platform fees across all partners
- Perform benchmarking activities on cost and performance, topline business reviews for clients etc
- Client and team management – ensure success and satisfaction internally and externally
- Work closely with the Data & Analytics team on ingesting all the needed data, data visualization, test and learn projects and other data projects
- Be the go-to-person for all things digital by providing training, consultation, best practices, updates on platforms and support to various team members as needed
- Manage relationships with partners – negotiation, product updates and tests and ensure that clients and internal teams are up-to-date with all new features and products
- Evaluate new tech or publisher partners – identify how they integrate with existing processes and tech stack, identify bottlenecks or watch-outs, test, learn and deploy
- Keep abreast on all things digital and constantly look for new innovations, as well as ways to improve and streamline operations to save on cost and man hours
Hard Skills expected:
- 7+ years of experience in digital ad operations or a similar highly technical digital role in a media agency, publisher or ad network side
- Hands-on-keyboard experience in DSPs, ad servers and other platforms / tools such as PMDs, tag management, verification (viewability, fraud tracking, brand safety blocking, audience measurement) etc
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable with software and programming / coding jargon (coding skills not required)
Soft Skills Expected:
- Meticulous and analytical with a keen interest in data / numbers
- Client service and team management skills
- Collaborative team player with a consultative approach working with cross-functional and internal teams
- Curious and inquisitive; investigative with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot an issue
- Efficient worker with good time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
More about Mindshare
We are nearly 7,000 people in 86 countries with one aim: to be our client’s lead business partner. What does that mean? Well it means that when our clients have a problem, a challenge, a product or even a thought, that we are their first port of call. Not a creative agency, a consultancy or a research firm … but us. We are part of the leading marketing communuications group in WPP and the largest media holding company in the world in GroupM.
Our role is to make our clients' brands more famous and more profitable. And we do this by doing what legendary GE CEO Jack Welch said – learning more about the consumer than our client’s competition and acting on that information faster than our client’s competition. In a world where everything begins and ends and media, we believe that this is our time to shine because we can play a role no other business partner can. We sit today uniquely placed at the crossroads of media, data, technology and content and there is no other business partner who can have as transformative an impact on our client’s businesses as we can.
If you join us, you join a company that sets the rules for Media companies the world over and today is increasingly going toe-to-toe with creative and digital agencies and consultants. We continue to innovate and set the industry benchmark.
Mindshare APAC on its own would be the second largest media and planning group in the region as per RECMA. We also have a market dominating size in the key geographies of India and China. On a qualitative basis we lead the market by virtually every single survey or quantitative and qualitative analysis from R3 Agencyscope, R3 New Business League, Campaign and much more. We have won over 400 awards in the past year - and we have won Network of the Year awards multiple years in a row including Campaign Asia Pacific Agency of the Year, SMARTIES™ APAC Agency Network of the Year and Festival of Media Asia Pacific Agency Network of the Year. We capped off 2018 with an impressive double win of Media Agency Network of the Year and Digital Agency Network of the Year at the Campaign Asia Pacific Agency of the Year awards. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.