Monitoring & Testing Officer
155929Legal & ComplianceEnglish
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.We Offer
The APAC CCO Monitoring & Testing team plays a pivotal role in safeguarding the Banks operations from regulatory risk. The APAC COO Monitoring & Testing is a team of risk professionals based across APAC including Hong Kong; Pune, India; Singapore and Tokyo, Japan. We are seeking an outstanding candidate to take on the Monitoring and Testing officer role based in Singapore.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.Specifically, the candidate is required to:
- Manage and conduct monitoring and testing reviews across key compliance risks
- Demonstrate good risk awareness across different risk topics and able to complete complex walkthroughs and necessary testing
- Seek to ensure appropriate monitoring and testing is performed by junior members and to provide training where necessary
- Understand and educate business partners on the fundamentals of risk and control
- Apply different review techniques to maximize assurance provided
- Identify issues impacting risks under review, communicating sustainable and commercial control improvements to mitigate risks
- Prepare and check testing results, and draft reports to a high quality for review by Management prior to sharing with relevant business partners and take lead in discussions to clearly articulate issues and risks identified
- Understand and identify changes in rules and regulations and the impact on monitoring and testing activities
- Deliver reviews within assigned budget, time, and meeting quality expectations.
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
This role is varied and requires excellent communication, management, and analytical skills in order to meet the demands of a regional team and function, and growing regulatory scrutiny.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- 6 years+ experience preferably working within a Risk and Control, Compliance or Internal Audit function, and/or relevant business line experience
- Proficient in Financial Services, with additional awareness of regional rules being beneficial; regulatory body and regional language skills would be an advantage
- Awareness of data analytics and the utilization of data analytic techniques to increase assurance
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate good judgment on a consistent basis
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills, can multi-task while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of inquisitiveness and desire to learn and understand new areas; with the ability to be assertive and face challenging situations
- Sense of accountability; outstanding time and project management skills for the assigned tasks and projects
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also delivering on time with integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.