Nanofabrication Engineer 2
Microsoft Sydney Australia
Microsoft Quantum has assembled a talented and diverse international team to create the world’s first scalable quantum computing system. Our full-stack approach involves exciting innovation from the physics at the quantum plane to providing global quantum services. The Microsoft Quantum program strives to fundamentally change the world of computing in order to help solve humankind’s currently unsolvable problems. We are on the cusp of an accelerated effort in quantum computing. This position offers the opportunity to have a meaningful influence on a revolutionary technology. Our research effort includes a diverse staff of theoretical and experimental physicists, hardware designers and software engineers around the world. Our Sydney lab, based at the University of Sydney, is looking for an experienced Senior Nanofabrication Engineer to bring life to new research and be a leader in the field of quantum computing.
This role involves deep, hands-on technical work in a small, collaborative, environment. We are looking for someone who is as passionate about their own contribution as they are empowering and inspiring others. This person will be responsible for contributing to the technical direction of the research based on experimental results, program needs and the input from cross-functional colleagues.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, fabricate, measure and analyze novel devices, materials, and structures.
- Hands-on development of innovative, new material processes tailored to address the unique challenges of scalable quantum readout and control.
- Provide technical leadership and a vision for the Microsoft nanofabrication roadmap
- A Masters degree or equivalent expereince in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemistry or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in nanofabrication process development and/or device fabrication in cleanroom environments.
- Knowledge of superconducting and/or semiconducting materials and the associate fabrication challenges.
- Experience with dielectric materials and their role in fabricating low-loss microwave devices.
- A proven experimental track record demonstrated by multiple first-author papers in leading academic journals.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.