National Business Development Manager, Retail
The GPT Group
At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a number of prime assets across Australia.
Every day we strive to deliver expectational results to achieve our vision to be the most respected property company in Australia. We do this by empowering our people to take initiative and create solutions. We believe our commitment to invest in you is what strengthens the core of our business and keeps us sustainable, focussed and passionate about shaping the future of property in Australia.
About the role
As the National Business Development Manager, Retail you will be responsible for the delivery of sustained ‘non-core’ revenue from the GPT Retail Portfolio through providing services to existing customers (tenants) and visitors (employees and shoppers). This opportunity is a 12 month fixed term parental leave contract.
The principal tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a long-term vision and subsequent annual strategies, national and local, to optimise existing revenue and grow new revenue streams through new opportunities.
- Oversee commercial negotiations for national contract partnerships, including a leadership role for key relationships (e.g. oOh Media).
- Manage other commercial partnerships & contracts in collaboration with National Marketing to optimise revenue opportunities across the group.
- Identify and establish key commercial partnerships that will deliver revenue implementing initiatives to provide ROI for brands whilst also improving shopper experience.
- Setting of performance objectives for the New Revenue team members and BDEs.
- Provide problem solving coaching and support to BDEs.
- Ensure appropriate development of sales tools, technologies, reports and customer/data insights to ensure performance against deliverables and goals.
- Build relationships with quality sources of innovations (VCs, incubators, technology companies, international counterparts).
- Initial point of contact and filter for external approaches or referral from internal sources.
- Manage introduction of high potential innovations to broader GPT team to test and execute.
- Be thought leader on and aware of innovation opportunities within property: Identify opportunities to grow new revenue streams and develop pathways for delivery.
- Play a leadership role in identifying centre specific revenue opportunities.
- Conduct assessment and high-level business cases for potential new innovations/ ideas.
- Oversee portfolio budgeting & forecasting for all New Revenue income lines.
- Analyse and identify insights into the performance of all New Revenue lines.
- Ensure all process & procedures are up-to-date and adhered in conjunction with Legal and Risk.
What makes you stand out?
- 7+ years’ experience in commercial/retail property and a good understanding of the retail market.
- Tertiary level qualification in a property or related discipline desired.
- Experience in formulating and delivering on strategy, research and development.
- Commercial astuteness, including the ability to identify and target opportunities.
- Strong creativity or entrepreneurial background.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and build effective and professional relationships with tenants/customers, key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to promote GPT in the marketplace as an innovator in the property sphere.
- Experience managing a small to medium sized team.
- Intermediate level in core Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
What makes us stand out?
- Recognised and Awarded Employer of Choice by WGEA 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organisation
- Investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
- Flexible work options available to all GPT employees
- Competitive remuneration packages and employee benefits
We recognise that providing our people with flexible working options improves our performance, creates opportunities for learning, supports wellbeing and improves our lives outside of work. Our mobile workplace technologies and activity based work environments make working at GPT what you do, not where you do it. Explore your options to achieve flexibility including: generous paid parental leave, tailored hours and flexible scheduling, career breaks, study leave, compressed hours, remote working and leave purchase plans.
What are the next steps?
If this role sounds like you then we want to hear from you! Click the below link to submit your formal application online and a member of the talent team will be in touch.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.