NDIS Team Leader
- Rouse Hill location
- SCHCADS Award 2010- Level 6
- Full-Time (35 hours a week)
SydWest Multicultural Services is the leading community organisation connecting and empowering people of all cultures. Our purpose is Connecting Cultures & Building Communities. The values underpinning our work are Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence. Through person-centred services, representation and evidence development we are empowering individuals and building the social capacity of communities. The organisation focuses on people who are vulnerable and most in need across the life course. We have offices in Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Penrith and Rouse Hill.
We offer our staff many benefits such as flexible working arrangements, flexi-time and salary sacrifice packaging. For further information please check here.
The NDIS Team Leader is part of the organisation's NDIA Services Team. The focus and purpose of this role is to provide accountable and effective leadership to the NDIS Team; ensure that SydWest's NDIS Participants & their families receive exceptional customer service and achieve their NDIS Goals.
- Support & lead a dedicated NDIS Team in delivering exceptional customer service & support to SydWest's NDIS Participants
- Establish & maintain effective professional communication with all internal & external stakeholders
- Role Model Adherence to Policies & Procedures related to the work being undertaken in order to ensure own & others safety in the workplace
- Work Collaboratively with team members & contribute to the development of self & others within the NDIS Team
- Effectively Network & Strategically Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders
- Manage & Strive towards SydWest's NDIS Growth Targets
- Accountable for the NDIS Team's Operational Budget
- Ensure all reporting & documentation requirements are completed & submitted in a timely manner at all times
- Participate & Advise Senior Operations Officer on the continued Quality Assurance development within the NDIS Team
Essential Criteria (needs to be addressed on a separate document)
- Bilingual (desirable)
- Minimum Certificate IV in Leadership & Management
- Minimum 2 years' solid experience within the NDIS / Disability Sector
- Demonstrated ability in developing new business promoting services and building relationships/community engagement
- Demonstrated experience supervising, supporting and training staff
- Ability to manage a team through demanding and changing workloads in complex environment's
- Ability to manage a remote workforce across multiple sites
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS Reforms
- Understanding of the Disability Service Standards
- Ability to participate in on call duties
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication skills, including a high standard of report writing and quality control
- Excellent computer literacy and in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Current driver's licence and access to a full registered motor vehicle with comprehensive insurance, Australian Federal Police Check, Working With Children Check
SydWest MS adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety and is a child safe organisation.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.