Neonatologist Medical Director
Neonatologist Medical Director
Albany, New York
Seeking Neonatologist Medical Director for growing Level III NICU in Albany, NY!
Envision Physician Services is collaborating with St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, NY to further develop their 15-bed Level III NICU. We're looking for a board certified Neonatologist Medical Director to join and lead the team. With in-house APPs 24/7, the physicians can enjoy a call from home model and week on/off schedule. With the largest number of births in the region in 2018, the hospital hopes that the new team members will create a higher level of NICU support for families in the area and better continuity of care. Details of the position are highlighted below:
- Work/life balance - Week on/off schedule (Off 26-weeks of the year!)
- Help in the ongoing development of a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program
- Competitive compensation package and ability to moonlight within the system
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, and 401k (effective day 1!)
- Staffing Model: 2 Neonatologists, 4.5 NNPs
- Neos are responsible for the following:
- In-house during the day
- Call from home at night with 30-min response time
- Collaborative care of the newborn nursery and Level III NICU patients with the NNP/NICU PA
- Attendance to high risk deliveries
- Medical Director responsibilities include:
- General oversight of the nursery/NICU services
- Partnership with hospital Administration and NICU leadership to achieve goals/initiatives
- Community outreach to ensure local physicians and outlying facilities know that St. Peter's is a resource for Level III care
- Participation in applicable committees and QI projects that will benefit the team/care in the NICU
- Schedule: Week On/Off
- Peter's Hospital Info:
- 15-bed Level III NICU; ADC: 8-12 (can flex up to 22)
- Annual Deliveries: 3,000
- EMR: PremiEHR transitioning to EPIC in 2020
- Ventilation Support: INO, Oscillator
- Access to most pediatric subspecialists via phone consults through university system
- Peds Cardiology, Developmental and Ophthalmology available
With over 30 years of high-quality Women's & Children's services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
St. Peter's Hospital is committed to providing high-quality, effective care by offering advanced treatment options in a caring, compassionate environment. It is a Magnet Hospital, one of only approximately eight percent of the hospitals in the United States to hold this prestigious designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and one of even fewer who have earned this designation for a third time. For the FIFTH year in a row, St. Peter's Hospital is proud to receive marks of distinction among womenWomen's Choice Award for America's Best Hospitals. Today, St. Peter's health system serves to nearly 4,000 people every day with comprehensive medical services, free educational programs and a host of community health screenings throughout the region.
Albany, NY is a 400-year-old city on the banks of the Hudson River. Discovered in 1609 by Henry Hudson, this city is the oldest continuously chartered city in the country -- that means it's older than New York City or Boston! Albany is a great city to explore because it's full of so many engaging attractions and must-see sites! But Albany is also a city of storytellers, who want very much to welcome visitors and acquaint them with our fun and quirky history. Let us tell you about this quintessentially American city! It is the capital city of New York State. Downtown's huge Empire State Plaza has reflecting pools, an art-filled underground shopping concourse and The Egg, a striking performing arts center. The plaza is bookended by the 1800s New York State Capitol and the New York State Museum, focusing on natural and cultural history. The Albany Institute of History and Art is famed for its Hudson River School paintings.
Contact Recruiter Nikki White
Date Posted: 7/12/2020
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.