Network System Engineer
SINGAPORE POST LIMITED
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Responding to inquiries from users, IT peers, vendors and to provide technical assistance and support
- Ensure control and compliance for the systems and servers related are available to only authorize users which follows policies and SOPs closely
- Attending audit meetings and ensure proper documentation of all work done
- Establish/maintains customer relationship with partners or internal users to ensure complete understanding of business processes to enable the delivery of viable Infrastructure solution.
- Responsible for providing leadership, advice and to line management on Infra & security. Its role also includes identifying risk and to recommend and develop corrective plans as appropriate.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology
- At least 4 years of similar working experience
- Working experienced with Network security / LAN & WAN
- Will be required to be on routine 24x7 on call standby
- Able to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.