Network/Systems Administrator 4 (Sr. System Admin Linux)
Job Location(s) US-FL-Melbourne
Job ID 2020-10505
LCAT Network/Systems Administrator 4
Work Status Full-Time Regular
As a leading provider of Information Technology, Training and Engineering services worldwide, our people play a critical role in helping our customers make better decisions while protecting our nation. We bring forward-looking business insights to strengthen communities and change lives. At Salient CRGT you will join talented people who are as passionate about their work as you area - analysts, programmers, systems/network administrators, engineers, trainers, communications specialists, project managers, and more. For the experienced professionals and veterans, we value your expertise and offer opportunities to share the most compelling projects. For students transitioning from college to work, explore the opportunities for college students and graduates.
* Perform complex Windows and Linux based issue resolution, correlation and root cause analysis on recurring issues and analytics for trend analysis.
* Perform Windows and Linux based proactive space and growth management, HA and scalability improvements and strategy, backup and recovery improvements and strategy, and clustering and replication improvements and strategy.
* Evaluate Windows and Linux based vendor submissions for compliance with customer's specifications on technical solutions. Evaluate service-level contracts for IT infrastructure such as server hardware or software licensing.
* Document all complex procedures and installations of new Windows and Linux based products.
* Function as SME and trainer to helpdesk and desktop support technicians for troubleshooting and restoral activities.
* Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
* Manipulate and edit files, directories, and links from both command line and graphical interface.
* Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, and access control lists to include network file systems.
* Manages RedHat 6.x/7 .x System administration, performance tuning/monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, account management for internal, lab environments and remote locations.
* Perform complex user account migrations of Network Information Service (NIS) to LDAP on RedHat 6.x/7.x.
* Build RedHat KickStart configurations and perform server installations with KickStart.
* Manage complex RedHat SELinux configurations and perform trouble shooting.
* Build, install and manage complex RedHat Satellite servers managing I OO's of clients
* Interface with cross-functional teams and developers to support and resolve technical problems
* Perform scripting with expertise in Shell, Korn and bash
* Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI current eligibility
* Must possess a valid DoD compliant IAT level II certification
* RedHat System Administrator (RHCSA) or an equal RedHat Certification
* 5-8 years of Linux Systems Administration experience
* Expertise directly related to deploying, designing, optimizing, and maintaining the following RedHat components: Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Transmission Control Protocol/User Datagram Protocol (TCP/UDP), Internet Protocol ROUTING (IP ROUTING), Secure Shell/Secure File Transfer Protocol/Secure Copy (SSH/SFTP/SCP), Network File System (NFS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Network Interface Controller (NIC), Yellowdog Updater, Modified/RPM Package Manager (YUM/RPM), Storage Area Network/Network Area Storage (SAN/NAS) and Virtualization
* High level of expertise with Patch Management software such as RedHat Satellite. Expert with administrative tools such as, PowerShell cmdlets, scripting Microsoft snap-ins and pstools
* Proven ability to coordinate with with stakeholders and collaborate with other team members
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training - to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.