Nurse Educator - Part Time Nights
NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nursing Prof Development Specialist. In this role, the successful candidate Assesses and analyzes learning needs for nursing staff throughout the Departments of Nursing; plans, implements and evaluates educational activities that support nursing care; participates in the development, supports implementation, and provides education and reinforcement of nursing and patient care standards, evidence based practice and nursing research; maintains clinical expertise in a specialty area; demonstrates and fosters collaborative relationships within the Departments of Nursing and other disciplines; participates in Departments of Nursing and hospital committees as appointed or requested.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement activities of the Department of Nursing Education.
- Facilitates a learning environment that supports all levels of nursing personnel and promotes evidence-based practice.
- Develops educational goals that are congruent with the organization and the nursing departments' mission, philosophy and strategic direction.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Patient Care & Nursing Standards in specialty area.
- Demonstrates visibility, accessibility and effective communications that convey a strong sense of advocacy and support for staff and leadership.
- Collaborates with clinical and educational resources and experts to plan and implement educational offerings for staff and leadership.
- Facilitates development and implementation of education programs in response to needs identified through continuous quality improvement findings throughout the Departments of Nursing.
- Identifies learning needs of nursing staff in assigned clinical areas and throughout the Departments of Nursing to promote and maintain competency.
- Works collaboratively with clinical leadership to identify learning needs and provide learning opportunities and educational resources for staff in clinical area of responsibility.
- Utilizes current literature, research, and evidence-based findings in the design, implementation and evaluation of education programs and activities for staff learning and development.
- Supports and participate in evidence-based practice and application of nursing research findings in the clinical setting.
- Plans educational activities that incorporate the nursing process, are based on current evidence and support excellence in nursing practice.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with nursing and all other staff and leadership throughout the medical center.
- Ensures that education programs are executed according to established processes,guidelines and standards of accrediting agencies such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the State Nurses Association.
- Collaborates with patient care unit leadership to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies as pertains to staff education and competencies.
- Provides education and resources that facilitate age-appropriate, culturally sensitive, and ethical care for patients.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness and cost in planning, and implementing education and professional development activities.
- Promotes self-assessment and peer assessment to identify learning and development needs throughout the Departments of Nursing.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of education and development programs for staff and leadership.
- Demonstrates respect for the values of professional nursing, the conceptual framework in which it is practiced, and the values espoused by the NYUHC Departments of Nursing, the hospital, and the medical center.
- Maintains education and clinical competency by participation in continuing education, professional organizations and related activities.
- Participates in selection and development of leadership, nurse educators and others as requested according to established standards.
- Participates in nursing department and hospital committees and projects as requested.
- Role models NYUMC Service Standards in actions and communications with all others. Functions as a respectful leader of the health care team.
Three to five years of clinical experience in a specialty area, or combination of staff nurse/leadership experience in the specialty area. Excellent skills in the following areas: verbal and written communication, critical thinking, creativity, interpersonal relationships and team building; change management. Demonstrates knowledge base in professional nursing and evidence based practice; participatory leadership, continuous learning environment, current issues and trends in nursing practice, nursing education and development; the Forces of Magnetism, especially those pertinent to professional development. Participation in pertinent professional organizations, such as National Nursing Staff Development Organization, and professional specialty organizations. Certification in relevant clinical area and Nursing Professional Development preferred. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.