Nurse Practitioner (Employee Health)
Nurse Practitioner (Employee Health)
Highland Springs we are dedicated to setting the standard of excellence for employees with a steadfast focus on helping achieve their goals. We provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in people's lives every day. Highland Springs offers a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and a workplace that inspires you to do your best every day. We extend to our staff exceptional benefits, recognition of holidays and paid time off, continued higher education, and on-the-job training to help each member reach their career aspirations.
The Practice Administrator will oversee office operations to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of medical practice operations. The incumbent is responsible for the overall coordination, planning, financial management, evaluation and monitoring of the day to day operations of the medical centers, including hands on participation in all medical office support activities. Primary responsibilities are divided into three major categories: Administrative (Financial), Personnel Management and Work Load Management. The Practice Administrator is charged with collaborating with the Medical Director to ensure goal alignment with EHMG and the community.
SUMMARY: Under general supervision from the National Medical Director, Employee Health and in association with the community Medical Director for resident health, provides high quality, efficient and cost-effective acute care, injury management, community outbreak management, new hire assessments, immunizations, screenings, and health and wellness education to Erickson employees in a specific community
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Conduct and continuously improve on Occupational Health Services including, but not limited to: new hire assessments, work-related vaccines, TB testing, DOT physicals, drug testing and worker's compensation injury care, related case management and database management such as OSHA logs.
- Conduct and continuously improve upon Employee Health and Wellness Services offerings including, but not limited to: acute care for episodic illnesses such as infections, headaches, musculoskeletal complaints, allergies/asthma, etc.
- Serves key role in interdisciplinary community team for Infectious Disease Outbreak Management to manage employee isolation, quarantine, testing and data related to employee exposure and illness during outbreaks.
- In partnership with community continuing care team collaborates to coordinate mass asymptomatic employee testing for COVID or other illness according to state or local regulatory guidance. Manages results and data entry for employee testing.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates cost-effective diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
- Refers patients as appropriate for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment including physical therapy..
- Refers patients to appropriate other resources as needed (e.g. Employee Help Line).
- Provides and interprets on-site cholesterol and glucose screening, blood pressure readings, weight and body mass index measurements, and vision screening.
- Complete periodic preventive exams and screening test referrals for cancer and other preventable/treatable conditions for both female and male employees.
- Lifestyle counseling to promote healthy personal behaviors and habits, including smoking cessation, weight management, diet and physical activity, prevention and early identification of diseases such as hypertension/diabetes/obesity/osteoporosis, work and home safety precautions, alcohol use, domestic violence, unintended pregnancies, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Provides chronic disease management to supplement care provided to employees by their primary provider to better disease outcomes.
- Provides medication reviews to encourage use of cost-effective generic medications, monitor compliance and avoid adverse drug interactions.
- Screens for mental health conditions with appropriate referrals to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or other mental professionals.
- Provides non-judgmental care for lower income, uninsured employees, including seeking out lower cost medical and diagnostic services in the external community for this population.
- Maintain and hold confidential electronic medical records that include the appropriate level of billing codes, with oversight and feedback provided by the Erickson Health Medical Group.
- Demonstrate and maintain up-to-date primary and preventive care knowledge through continuing medical education and demonstrated through continued certification. Demonstrate superior knowledge and medical management in subject areas such as healthy personal habits, cardiovascular health, smoking cessation, nutrition, cancer screening, common allergies, asthma, digestive health, adult immunizations, pain management for common ailments such as headaches, mental health including depression/anxiety/stress, alcohol and drug abuse, basic diabetes monitoring and management, common infectious diseases, STD prevention and screening, common musculoskeletal injuries/complaints such as back and neck pain/knee pain/sprains and strains/osteoarthritis, minor burns, osteoporosis prevention and management, menses and menopausal symptoms, breast health, men's health including prostate and testicular health, common rashes, and common eye complaints and recognition of ocular emergencies, etc.
- Further develop an effective clinical team through leadership and communication. Demonstrate staff's increasing knowledge and skills over time.
- In association with the Medical Director, Employee Health, increase employee utilization of health and wellness services, demonstrate improved employee health measures and satisfaction with clinical services and the Health Matters comprehensive heath and wellness benefit.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with the community's Infection Control Officer to improve vaccination rates, including influenza vaccine, and co-lead community health and wellness initiatives.
- As necessary, assist the Benefits department in other aspects of the wellness program, including developing and delivering on-site health and wellness education sessions for groups of employees.
- Maintain departmental budget.
- Ensures patient safety in the performance of clinical care and through participation in other employee health and safety initiatives.
- Takes action to correct observed risks to employee safety.
- Immediately reports medical errors, adverse events and near misses to the Medical Director, Employee Health.
- Implements and monitors policies, procedures, and standards consistently in the performance of assigned duties.
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, or devices and immediately communicates these to the Medical Director, Employee Health.
- Performs related duties as required, including on-site labs and blood draw.
- Performs medical clearance and fit testing for community employees under OSHA compliant respiratory protection program.
- Maintains records and data for respiratory protection program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Training and current certification as a NP is required.
- Must have professional maturity and ability to develop cohesive, employee-focused center of excellence for employee health and wellness.
- A minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience is required, preferably in an occupational health or primary care setting. Previous experience with electronic medical records is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of staff management including delegating, developing, coaching and motivating employees is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to ensure excellent working relationships with community leaders, other clinical personnel, and employees up, down and across the organization.
- Knowledge of FMLA, Workers' Compensation, ADA and OSHA highly preferred.
- Knowledge of computer based medical records management systems preferred.
- Current licensure in the state where working is required.
- CPR certified. Employee must maintain a current certification.
- Phlebotomy skills.
Jul 10, 2020, 10:53:39 AM
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.