Nurse-Special Procedure, ASC-GI 20 hrs/week
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003569
We are looking for an experienced RN to work in our Ambulatory Surgery Center part-time. Prefer those with experience in endoscopy suites, ASC, conscious sedation. Our endoscopy nurse provides vital assistance during patients' endoscopic procedures. Nurses are responsible for sedating patients, monitoring patients, and relaying aftercare instructions to them, and nurses must be ready to respond appropriately in the event of a medical emergency. When not assisting with endoscopies, endoscopy nurses provide other medical care.
- Informing patients about their procedure and answering questions they may have
- Monitoring patients' vital signs throughout their procedure
- Sedating patients prior to their procedure and relaying aftercare instructions post-procedure
- Providing patients and families with discharge notes and documents
- Preparing instruments prior to endoscopies
- Assisting physicians throughout procedures
- Responding quickly and properly in the event of an emergency
- Observing HIPAA and other regulations
Skills and Abilities-
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with patients and providers in high pressure situations while maintaining tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as a team member.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow independently.
- Ability to direct others in urgent and emergency situations.
Education and Experience-
- Current unencumbered Washington State RN license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Current ACLS certification required.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience.
- Prefer those with experience in an ASC, endoscopy suite, and/or experience with conscious sedation
- Prefer those with EHR experience, EPIC experience strongly preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.