Nurse-Special Procedure -- Urology at Salmon Creek
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/9/2020
Job Code: REQ0003612
Vancouver Clinic is looking for a full time (40 hrs/week) Special Procedures Nurse to work in our Urology department at Salmon Creek and 87th locations. The RN will assure the delivery of quality health care by utilizing nursing process, assisting the provider and facilitating integration of resources. Acts as patient advocate for a broad range of people with varied ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds. Applies nursing skill to assist population to maintain health and treat illness. Models professional behavior through positive interactions with all members of the health care team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Nurse RN - Special Procedures designation will include a higher proportion of direct patient care and performance of procedures compared to Nurse RN only designation.
- Coordinate care for high acuity patients (case management), based on provider's orders, community resources and patient preference.
- Triage and prioritize patient needs based on nursing assessment, availability of resources and patient preference.
- Obtain all pertinent new patient information and diagnostics prior to consult if applicable (H&P, Medications, Labs, films)
- Possess working knowledge of community resources to assist patients in meeting health care needs.
- Perform, assist, and delegate procedures and injections as ordered by provider.
- Perform procedures pertinent to specialty where assigned.
- Perform nurse visits.
- Provide and direct patient education, advice, and procedures as appropriate.
- Assist patient in obtaining necessary appointments and testing to meet his/her needs.
- Facilitates additional labs/tests according to provider orders/protocols.
- Makes independent judgments according to protocol; contact provider as appropriate.
- Assess patient needs.
- Work the EMR in-basket for test results, prescription refills, MyChart communications, prior authorizations and telephone encounters.
- Process phone calls and telephone encounters in a timely manner that aligns with organizational expectations.
- Initiate alternate communication method with provider regarding high priority patient care to ensure same day completion.
- Triage voice mail messages to meet needs of acutely ill patients first.
- Facilitate communications between provider and community-based health care programs (nursing homes, Home Health, Hospice, hospital, and others).
- Instruct Medical Assistants in procedures and care as necessary.
- Educate patients and families in health care issues and needs.
- Identify educational opportunities for patients and provide for need, or arrange formal classes.
- Possess knowledge of opportunities for patient education in the community.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current unencumbered Washington State RN license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer those with EHR experience, EPIC experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with patients and providers in high pressure situations while maintaining tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as a team member.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow independently.
- Ability to direct others in urgent and emergency situations.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.