Nurse Unit Manager - TeleTriage
Who are we?
Sonder is an on-demand support network that helps enterprise and university partners support their people across a spectrum of needs from psychological to physical, preventative to responsive. We are tech enabled for support at scale, people supported for help in person.
Sonder was launched in 2017 to provide on-demand support to international students based in Australia. Today we support over 150,000 members at 40 Universities across ANZ and a fast growing list of blue chip enterprise partners.
Founded by former military, government and technology experts, our purpose is to help people live their lives with confidence.
What is the opportunity?
Sonder is seeking an energetic and experienced nurse to lead our TeleTriage team in our 24/7 support centre. Your time will be divided between TeleTriage nurse responsibilities, and administrative functions such as quality assurance, peer review, and performance management.
Sonder’s Nurse Unit Manager will provide leadership to operations staff and supervision to other nurses, in the development and ongoing operation of TeleTriage in the Sonder Support Centre. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing day to day leadership and guidance in the assessment and referral of members who contact Sonder with a wide variety of health concerns.
- Providing nursing leadership that drives system and quality improvement initiatives and champions change management.
- Conducting mental health and medical TeleTriage of member concerns in accordance with the polices, guidelines and agreed protocols of Sonder and Sonder’s partners.
- Ensuring responsibility and accountability for own actions and outcomes of practice, professional advice given and for activities delegated to other nurses and non-medically trained team members.
- Embedding a positive workplace culture by developing and maintaining an effective nursing team that works collaboratively with the broader operations team, Sonder members and Sonder partners to achieve best practice outcomes.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will apply innovative solutions to complex problems and be a strong team player with excellent leadership skills. You are someone who can work autonomously, and as part of a broader operations team.
You will make assessments of our members healthcare needs, and refer them to most appropriate care. Working under the guidance of our medical director, you will make these decisions based on your clinical expertise and in accordance with our healthcare governance framework.
You are compassionate, enthusiastic and have the ability to thrive in a small but high growth team, in a fast paced startup environment. You enjoy being an integral part of a “for-purpose” company helping our members feel safe every day.
Whether you are looking for a break from your current role, or if you want a change in lifestyle and work environment, we will consider permanent full-time or fixed term contract to align with the needs of the right candidate.
You will be/have:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist I or II
- 5+ years of nursing experience including:
- Triage - Mandatory
- ED - Mandatory
- MH - Mandatory (includes ED unit or MH unit experience)
- Background in any of the following are ideal:
- Ambulance/Special Events
- Cruise Ship Nursing
- Operations/Call/Contact Centres
- Current registration with AHPRA without restrictions
- Hold current professional indemnity insurance appropriate to role
Find out more about Sonder at www.sondersafe.com!
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Police Check and Working With Children Check.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.