Nursing Education Instructor - Full Time
Job Req ID: 507341
Position Number: 00166583
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Nursing Orientation
Location: Corporate Operations
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.Job Summary
Develops, instructs, and/or facilitates and coordinates Nurse Orientation, Nurse Aide Orientation, and a variety of continuing education programs. Provides administrative and team support related to programs. Assists in the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of nursing continuing education, in accordance with assessed needs.
- Coordinates or conducts orientation programs as assigned.
- Plans, develops, and presents continuing education to meet the educational needs of staff.
- Designs and administers learning assessments and evaluations as needed. Obtains evaluation summaries and shares information with presenters and nursing co-sponsors.
- Meets nationally recognized criteria for continuing education credit when designing continuing education.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and other agency requirements, laws, and statutes pertaining to education.
- Participates in overall educational priority setting, curriculum design, scheduling and delivery, continuous improvement, and strategy planning and then operates within those guidelines.
- Develops ED I, in accordance with NCNA guidelines.
- Assists with marketing of nursing continuing education programs.
- Coordinates approved provider process for continuing education programs, as assigned.
Works in an office and classroom environment. Sight, hearing, and speech capabilities sufficient to communicate well with individuals and groups. Includes travel to System facilities and regional sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
RN licensure required. BS or BSN required. MA, or MS or MSN in Nursing or health care field preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.