Ocado Delivery drivers (Erith)
Ocado Delivery drivers
There’s more to being an Ocado driver than simply sitting behind the wheel. As one of Ocado’s
delivery drivers, you’ll be the face of our business for the dozens of diverse Ocado customers you
meet each day.
Each day you work you’ll be glad to hear that your van will be pre-loaded for you along with a pre-
loaded route before delivering the customers’ orders.
As an Ocado driver, you will spend much of the working day on your own but are very much part of the
Jobandtalent & Ocado team. Being a delivery driver is a physical role and you could be carrying
shopping of multiple crates. Each crate currently weighing up to 18kg (equivalent to carrying 9 × 2L
bottles of water) and these will need to be delivered to each customer. As part of your role, you’ll be
delivering shopping into people’s homes which can be up or down numerous flights of stairs. If there is
no lift, we still guarantee the same service.
Whatever driving role you’re drawn to, you’ll be able to take advantage of pioneering technologies to
make your job both easier and more rewarding. Whether using hand-scanning sign-in or pinpoint,
computer-planned delivery routes: the result is more independence, better fulfilment rates and happier
Where will you be working?
From winding country roads to leafy suburbs to vibrant inner-city streets – no matter where in the UK
each journey takes our drivers, no two days are ever the same.
With over twenty locations around the UK, and more customer fulfilment centres (CFCs) being built as
our business expands, our driving roles are suited to applicants from across the breadth of the UK.
● Productivity – ensure you deliver agreed productivity and throughout targets.
● Quality – focus on the customer experience and high-quality standards, adhering to quality
● Process – ensure you are compliant with all operational processes applicable to the work area
to drive efficiency.
● Health & Safety – ensure that safe system of work are complied with and operated within your
work area including working practices. Report any defective equipment or health and safety
issues to the team manager as appropriate.
● Food Safety – ensure food safety compliance standards are met in your working area.
● Housekeeping & hygiene standards –maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the vehicle to
meet agreed standards, ensuring clean as you go procedures are followed.
● Continuous improvement – own and problem solve any minor production-related issues as
applicable, advising the team manager of the progress of such issues. Make recommendations
for future improvements and best practice
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.