Metro Trains Melbourne
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
The Western Program Alliance are currently seeking an Occupations Coordinator for work on the Cranbourne Line Upgrade Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP).
This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that MTM’s standards, policies and procedures relating to rail access are adhered to, whilst ensuring the safe management of all people visiting or traversing the Rail Corridor, including the general public and equipment whilst working.
A key focus of this role is assisting the Program Manager in the implementation of the Occupation Management process, ensuring timely booking, safe and efficient utilisation of all track occupations by working closely with all relevant stakeholders and striving for best for business optimisation of the Program Alliance and MTM.
This is an existing full-time permanent role, with the role to be predominantly based in Dandenong, with travel required between sites as needed.
- Work with Alliance and MTM to secure occupation dates that meet both parties’ requirements.
- Work closely with other Occupation & Project Management team members to ensure all Occupations are tracked, published correctly and distributed effectively and meet the requirements to undertake planned works.
- Chair meetings with the Alliance to track progress and ensure all Works Readiness and construction deliverables directly relating to the Occupation are achieved according to timelines.
- Support the Program Manager and when required chair/minute occupation coordination forums including weekly workgroup reviews, site walks, Vis board reviews, lessons learnt and alike.
- Ensure all accepted Occupation Applications are ‘Requested’ accurately and in a timely manner using the MTM Access and Resource Management System (ARMS).
- Work with Rail Safety Manager to ensure all associated safe-working is requested and coordinated for each occupation.
- Manage access permits and coordinate the requirements for all required occupations, including where applicable, Overhead, Signals, Substation and Track personnel, as well as all other relevant compliance personnel.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
- Level 1 Train Track Awareness as a minimum
- Construction Induction Card
- Project Management certificate is preferred
- Railways experience is required
- Understanding of Rail Occupation requirements, inclusive of Occupation boundaries, Overhead power isolations, workgroup interfaces, safe-working requirements and works programs.
Why join the Western Program Alliance?
- Great Team Culture and
- Opportunities to learn & further career
- Collaborative & Supportive Alliance
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.