Operational Excellence Manager
Operational Excellence Managers are the business partners providing the link between the Continuous Improvement system and operational leadership building a culture of Continuous Improvement, supporting overall business strategy, and implementing operational initiatives.
This role is designed to coach and guide the implementation of continuous improvement methodologies and operational initiatives deployment into the Victory Packaging organization. This position requires a leader who facilitates and drives change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead multiple project improvement teams concurrently and at multiple locations within a region
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into standard work
- Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with business strategy to achieve strategic objectives
- Identify opportunities to improve processes in support of established goals
- Facilitate operational initiatives and serve as multi-site implementation leader
- Support safety initiatives and protocols across multiple sites
- Provide education to teams participating in projects as needed
- Consistently identify project opportunities to improve the business
- Develop, implement and support the effective application of best practices as Standard Work, Standard Operating Conditions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain project documentation within the project management system
- Ensure standards of project execution for Six Sigma and other methodologies used for projects are met
- Support and execute kaizens and Lean Six Sigma projects to deliver cost savings
- Travel required up to 80%
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject required or equivalent work experience
- Lean Six Sigma training provided
- 5+years of relevant distribution industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence, Lean principals, statistics and data analysis.
- Ability to lead through influence rather than authority
- Passion and drive to improve systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor fellow employees to drive business results
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using team-based, data-based approach
- Capable of assuming authority as needed
- Team builder
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign
- Safety system knowledge
- Financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Proficient with Minitab, Visio, and/or Sharepoint
- 2+ years of lean six sigma experience
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of arms and legs, moving body, such as lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Req ID: OPERA02124
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.