Operations and Continuity Escalations Engineer Support
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ60209
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
GDIT is seeking an Operations and Continuity Escalations Engineers Support for key initiatives through project management, coordination support, end user support, and technical writing.
- Provide advanced levels of support and serve as a primary technical resource and solution provider for the Technology Partners and Technology Service Desk.
- Interact with other technology groups both internal and external as appropriate to respond to user
requests and/or problems
- Support key projects and initiatives where new services are delivered to the House community,
as well as validating new technologies prior to their delivery into the House Community
- Multi-task to perform other duties as required, including technical and administrative support to
other Operations and Continuity projects and activities.
- Work closely with other HIR service owners to support current operations and to analyze,
document, and assist in the deployment of new technologies and services to the House
- Solicit feedback from IT incidents, create after action reports, and follow corrective actions to
- Author standard operating procedures and technical guides and participate in process
- Support the Escalations staff on developing and maintaining Integrated Operations Center (IOC)
standard operating procedures
- Manage and maintain escalations Remedy queue for tracking of support-related issues
- Support other Operations and Continuity tasks as required
- Maintain availability to support 24x7 IOC support through on-call rotation as required
- Strong experience with document creation, management, and quality assurance, including professional and technical writing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated advanced technical skills and the ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with IT hardware, software networking and mobility systems for workstations, and server messaging clients.
- Understands Cybersecurity components and software and has a working understanding of web browsers and applications.
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Working knowledge of Remedy Ticket Tracking system
- Proficiency in PowerShell
- Proficiency with SCCM
- Proficiency in project management, including setting priorities, ensuring timely completion of deliverables, and quality control/quality assurance;
- Experience working at the House of Representatives or other Legislative Branch environment.
- Project management certification (PMP, etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
T elecommuting Options:
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.