Operations Associate, Techstars Future of Longevity Accelerator
Interested in becoming the Operations Associate for the Techstars Future of Longevity Accelerator in partnership with Pivotal Ventures, an investment and incubation company created by Melinda Gates? As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of aging and longevity tech startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
This role is responsible for the administrative duties and operational execution throughout the duration of the accelerator program. Logistics experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. This role is a temporary, full time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Coordinate the scheduling of mentors, corporate partners, founders, and sponsors visits
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Event planning
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- 1-3 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently live in Washington, DC or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.