Job Locations US-AZ-Phoenix
Posted Date 16 hours ago(6/24/2020 7:53 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-12908
Position Category Driver/Operator - Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle
Internal Reference 609
Company/Division Transdev Services
Join the Transdev team and begin a new career in the people moving industry.
Phoenix Transit is an essential critical workforce and we are hiring experienced, friendly and professional people! No experience necessary - we'll take care of the rest to get you started in your new career as a fulltime Operator/Driver.
Why work for us?
* Starting Pay - $33,570 ($16.14/hour) Plus Overtime Opportunities
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance Significantly Subsidized by Transdev
* 401K Plan Plus Employer Contribution
* 14 Paid Holidays
* Paid Sick Leave - Accrue 8 Hours Per Month
* Paid Vacation Time
* Commercial Driver's License Training Provided
* Transdev is a Global Organization - Career Growth Opportunities are Abundantly Available
* Great Coworkers!
What will you do?
* Safely transport the people of our community in a transit bus in a timely, professional and helpful manner.
* Greet passengers and accept fare payment.
* Report all incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns as required.
* Other duties as required to ensure a safe and courteous ride for our passengers.
What you will need?
* Be courteous and professional.
* Must be at least 21 years old.
* High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Be safety minded.
* A valid Arizona Drivers License.
* Possess or have a willingness and the ability to obtain your Class B or higher Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with a Passenger Endorsement, within 30 days of hire - we'll cover the rest.
* Able to read and write English.
* Enjoy driving.
Must undergo a pre-employment drug test and physical by a company appointed physician/facility and receive clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at .
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace.
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.