Ophthalmic Technician - New Camas location
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/19/2020
Job Code: REQ0003657
Our new Camas location is coming soon! We are seeking an experienced Ophthalmology Technician.
Provide technical and clinical support to Ophthalmologists. Maintain and enhance the health and well being of the patient by facilitating patient flow, screening patients, performing measurement tasks, assisting with procedures, performing telephone triage and giving instruction to patients per department protocol's.
- Prepare patient and instrumentation appropriate to exam.
- Room patient timely and accurately.
- Collect patient medical history including chief complaint.
- Take appropriate vitals and document completely and accurately.
- Update patient's chart and verify demographic information.
- Update medications, allergies, health maintenance system at time patient is roomed.
- Screen patient and perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks in relation to: Visual acuity, lensometry, confrontational visual fields, stereo testing, evaluation of motility, pupillary function tests, color vision, applanation and Tonopen, advanced refractometry, retinoscopy, angle assessment, dilation of pupils, contact lens evaluation, visual field testing, pachymetry, corneal topography, OCT imaging, fluorescein angiography, and Glare testing, IOL Master and B Scan.
- Prepare, set up, and assist provider with laser procedures and minor surgery.
- Provide patient home care instructions and counseling.
- Clarify pre-op and post-op instructions with patient.
- Clarify pre-laser and post-laser instructions with patient.
- Apply eye dressings, protective shields as directed.
- Maintain practice standards of sterile technique and infection control.
- Clean and sterilize surgical instruments according to guidelines and standards.
- Process pharmacy requests, patient phone calls, and provider messages appropriately.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment malfunctions.
- Keep exam rooms clean, and stocked with appropriate instruments, handouts, other supplies.
- Perform initial triage of telephone calls per protocols.
- Handle emergency calls calmly and promptly according to established emergency protocols.
- Take messages that are accurate, legible, and complete with names, dates, time, phone number, correctly document in EMR, and route to appropriate person.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Strong knowledge of proper medical chart documentation and coding.
- Strong knowledge of diagnostic ophthalmic/optometric equipment.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Proven record of attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite) and proficient and accurate keyboarding skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Ophthalmic Technician program preferred.
- Certified Ophthalmic Tech (COT) preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification.
- Prefer those with at least one year of broad-based experience as an ophthalmic assistant or technician preferred.
- WA State MA-Registered credential must be obtained within three months of hire date.
- EHR experience. Epic experience preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.