Oracle Clinical SME Lead Business Consultant
At Perficient you ll deliver mission-critical technology and business
solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on
the planet. And you ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our
close partnerships with the world s biggest vendors. Our network of offices
across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you
the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We re proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year a
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and
collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned,
driven, and fulfilled.
The Life Sciences Business Unit provides strategic technology and consulting
services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies, as
well as contract research organizations (CROs) and academic institutions
(AROs). Our experience working with more than 200 life sciences companies has
helped us form long-lasting relationships that enable companies to improve
their clinical, safety, and business operations while reducing costs.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an Oracle Clinical Subject
Matter Expert - Lead Business Consultant.
The role of the Business Consultant is for individuals passionate about
identifying and delivering the right Business solution for each client. Our
Business Consultants have a keen Business orientation with an understanding of
how technology can be effectively applied to meet a variety of Business needs.
Our Business Consultants fill a number of different roles on our project teams
working with a variety of technologies for a wide range of clients. The
specific responsibilities vary for each client and each project. Key to the
success of our Business Consultants is the willingness and desire to quickly
learn the client s industry and the unique requirements of each engagement
and to fill whatever role may be required to best support our client s need
A Business Consultant thrives in challenging environments and accomplishes
difficult assignments without significant supervision and instruction. Our
Consultants can handle the stress of being accountable for delivery and:
complete goals on time, practice strong attention to detail, persevere through
tough obstacles, and do not get easily discouraged.
The Lead Business Consultant is a key delivery point of contact and will be
involved in the strategic planning of an engagement or helping the client make
decisions about their future IT direction. Once a project has begun, the Lead
Business Consultant will facilitate key requirements with stakeholders and
customers using standard and User Experience techniques. The Lead Business
Consultant may be responsible for functional designs, detailed designs and
system mapping, wireframes, requirement specifications, and prototypes.
The Lead Business Consultant works directly with Senior Project Managers and
assist with daily operations exercising time management, communication and
collaboration in a fast-paced environment to ensure the successful delivery of
projects. The Lead Business Consultant will interface with Perficient technical
and business delivery personnel, as well as vendors and customers on a regular
basis. Will mentor junior Consultants.
The Senior Business Consultant, Oracle Clinical Subject Matter Expert, is
* Creating, activating, and updating the clinical database and maintain
changes to the database from study start up through study completion in
coordination with the sponsor and other outsourced vendors with the final
goal of having a functioning and validated database.
* Troubleshooting client issues and advising clients on Best Practices with
Clinical Data Management Systems (CDMS).
* Responsible for creating/authoring, reviewing and executing specific
System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables for CDMS, especially
Functional Requirements and Test Suites
* Build trusted client relationships through proactive account management
and effective project delivery.
* Establishes knowledge of client business challenges and priorities to
translate into opportunities.
* Maintains regular client communication and satisfaction, ensuring
opportunities and challenges are addressed in a timely manner.
* Helps deliver presentations to clients and management teams.
* Contributes to project discoveries, kickoff, prepare proposals and
statements of work following company standards.
* Translate client s business needs into detailed business requirements
documents, use cases and systems interaction diagrams.
* Works with customers to establish approved wireframes and mock-ups for
* Assists project team to establish high, mid, and micro level plans for
* Helps to establish critical path, milestones, delivery dates, and review
client deliverables to ensure they meet client acceptance criteria.
* Provides leadership throughout the lifecycles of a project, guiding the
understanding the project team has through design and development to
ensure project requirements are met.
* Helps establish project test strategy, methodologies, test plans as well
as assist with test execution.
* Instills team commitment to company delivery methodologies and practices
* Minimum 2 years of experience designing and building databases and/or
conducting clinical studies using Oracle Clinical/Remote Data Capture.
* Working knowledge of Thesaurus Management System
* A BS/BA in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
* Working knowledge of relational database development, SDLC methodologies
and CDISC SDTM Implementation
* Knowledge of SQL preferred
* Understanding of regulatory guidance documents (e.g. GCP, ICH, 21 CFR
Part 11, etc.)
* The candidate must be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
and be able to work autonomously
* Bachelor s Degree
* 5-7 years of professional business analysis experience, with strong
relationship management, account management, and support experience.
* Minimum 4 years consulting industry experience working with external
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* Deep understanding of iterative development methodologies.
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of current technologies and complex
enterprise level applications.
* Skilled ability to obtain, understand and respond strategically to client
* Highly detail oriented, well organized, and able to coordinate multiple
* Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Energetic, motivated, service-oriented, and be able to multi task.
* Proven track record of delivering on time, on budget, and meeting client
* Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
* Excellent facilitation, presentation, and reporting skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Flexible to new situations and challenges.
* Flexibility to travel up to 50 percent.
* Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Master s Degree
* Strong understanding of complex Internet based enterprise level
* Project management experience
* Scrum or Product Owner certification
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We
offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous
work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid
time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number
of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great
benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global
2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled
information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities,
Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and
value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and
strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce
costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices
across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index
and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of
job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by
the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion
to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh
the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to ge
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.