Packaging Component Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our
consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and
collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has
the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to
work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible.
While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can
have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We are looking for candidates to fill this position at our R&D Technical Center
The packaging specialist is part of the R&D team located in Montreal. The role
of the packaging specialist is to drive all package development activities at
the Montreal plant and contract manufacturing sites. This includes working with
Marketing to develop new packages or evaluate stock packages to meet consumer
needs for new products, monitor package and sustainability trends, draft and
execute trial and qualification protocols to ensure the package meets
manufacturing, quality and end user requirements, and develop BOMs and
specifications in our Agile/PLM system. More specifically, the packaging
specialist is responsible of the following:
* Set package design requirements based on consumer needs and manufacturing
* Collaborate with Procurement to select package component suppliers;
* Evaluate and test new packaging components on the packaging lines in
collaboration with the operations and the engineering groups to ensure
manufacturability and smooth implementation;
* Collaborate with the Product Development, Quality Control and Regulatory
to meet the stability and other testing requirements;
* Initiate the required change controls to support and meet the projects
* Participate in packaging cost reduction projects;
* Help problem solving related to packaging components, communicate with
the suppliers and implement corrective actions;
* Create/modify packaging and other related specifications;
* Provide technical support during packaging line transfers and process
* Collaborate with R&D Packaging in Princeton and other R&D technical
centers globally, where considerable knowledge and expertise are
* Work on cross-functional projects;
* Lead and manage packaging projects;
* Develop innovative packages or product ideas for future work proposal,
and champion project if approved;
* Provide expertise and support to projects outside of Canada if needed.
(i.e. thermal form packaging).
* Career progression may be lateral & upwards (other functions) or
international (US if right opportunity available).
First cycle University degree in science or engineering with at least 5 years
in a similar position;
Good knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging lines (bottles, blisters, tubes);
Knowledge of the GMP s, FDA and ISO requirements;
Bilingual French/English for both spoken and written;
Team work oriented, results oriented, good analytical capacity, good
The position is for a full time permanent position with complete coverage and
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants
may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected
characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you
require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in
completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in
the application process.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.