Part time Cashier Customer Service Associate - Hannaford
Job Number 20-
Post Date 06/25/2020
Job Title Part-time Cashier Customer Service Associate - Hannaford
Positions Available 1
Operating Company Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status Part-Time
Address 859 Hanover Street
Description Job Title: Part-time Cashier Customer Service Associate
Department: Front End
Weekend availability necessary. Posting closes July 5, 2020.
* Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and
* Record (scan) the purchases of a customer into the cash register
efficiently and accurately.
* Recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce
merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties
of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
* Collect money in the forms of cash or checks from customers and tender
accurate change in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or
without reasonable accommodations.
* Provide outstanding friendly customer service.
* Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
* Clean check-stands daily and assist in prompt cleanup of spills and
* Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow
company personal appearance policy.
* Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by
* Work within our company s management planning (MPP) guidelines to
* Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any
needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free
from debris and safety hazards.
* Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
* Perform accurate price check function.
* Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape,
bags and cleaning materials.
* Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other maintenance duties
such as cleaning break rooms, rest rooms as assigned.
* Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any not on
file items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal
request price checks promptly on any such items according to company
* Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining
to the acceptance of checks and the sale of tobacco/alcoholic beverages.
* Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and
request cash pickup in accordance with company policy.
* Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
customers actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any
* Process all various types of sales transactions accepted by the store
including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized
Accounts Receivable sales, Electronic Payments, WIC coupons, Food Stamps,
manufacturers coupons, gift certificates, bottle deposits, bottle
refunds, merchandise refunds, etc., in strict accordance with established
company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal
requirements or regulations governing same. If applicable and service
center trained, process lottery, Western Union, utility etc.
* Secure register at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company
assets at all times.
* Order and stock candy and cigarettes according to plan-o-grams and keep
merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code
dates and pull all out-of-code merchandise (when assigned).
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Effective communication and customer service skills.
* Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
* Willingness to learn multiple tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job.
* Perform frequent to continuous repetitive fingering, grasping, reaching
and hand/arm motions while standing the majority of the shift.
* Continuous fine finger motions such as pinching, grasping when handling
* Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds
frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
* Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
* Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning
materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/
flowers and household cleaners.
* Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification cards, checks,
invoices and other written documents.
* Occasionally fill in for the customer service associate, which requires
working in and out of inclement weather, gathering up to five shopping
carts and pushing them to designated areas (when necessary).
* If trained, occasionally fill in for the customer service center
associate, which requires processing lottery, Western Union, utility
Apply On-line Apply On-line
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.