Patient Account Rep - Customer Service
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/11/2020
Job Code: REQ0003545
- Answer calls and responds to patient inquiries and/or problems regarding bills in an accurate, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Identify delinquent accounts and contact patients to negotiate a payment plan.
- Respond to collection agency correspondences and agency assignment paperwork.
- May review returned mail to skip trace.
- Thoroughly and timely work accounts in work queues as defined by policies and procedures.
- Respond to any correspondence attached to patient statements.
- Process bankruptcy and probate accounts.
- Evaluate patient eligibility for financial assistance adjustment.
- Receive patient requests for information and adjustments. Initiates resolution as identified in department policies and procedures.
- Provide quality customer service and resolution to callers' concerns
- Process appropriate refund in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Present unresolved patient concerns to Supervisor for resolution immediately with related documentation.
- Document account activity accurately and promptly during or immediately following each patient encounter on the telephone or in person.
- Responsible for the analysis and necessary corrections of patient accounts as it pertains to clean claim submissions or re-bills.
- Responsible for maintaining work queues.
- Responsible for identifying potential errors that require necessary coding reviews, corrections or adjustments.
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various types of insurance entry information.
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance plans, policies and procedures.
- Make suggestions on improving Clinic procedures to improve billing accuracy and collections.
- Must be accepting of diversity and willing to participate in a team environment; as well as, willingness to follow clinic policies and procedures as established.
- Must attend all required staff meetings, in-service meetings and participate in task force activities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust, be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, communication and staying on track.
- Demonstrated customer service expertise.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance contract practices, third party billing and billing to private clients preferred.
- Keyboarding minimum 40 wpm.
- Accurate 10 key by touch and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a variety of personalities within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and extensive hands-on computer background.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care accounting, medical billing within a medical office required.
- Customer service experience required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of private billing and collections regulations experience preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.