Patient Account Rep - Payment Posting
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003591
- Thoroughly and timely work accounts in work queues as defined by policies and procedures.
- Respond to any correspondence attached to patient statements.
- Post insurance payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Post insurance denials in a timely and accurate manner.
- May process the insurance claims correspondence and mail returns.
- Read and interpret EOB's (Explanation of Benefits)
- Post patient payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve unidentified payments from insurance and/or patients.
- Provide quality customer service and resolution to callers' concerns
- Present unresolved concerns to Supervisor for resolution immediately with related documentation.
- Document account activity accurately and promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining work queues.
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various types of insurance entry information.
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance plans, policies and procedures.
- Make suggestions on improving Clinic procedures to improve billing accuracy and collections.
- Must be accepting of diversity and willing to participate in a team environment; as well as, willingness to follow clinic policies and procedures as established.
Skills and Abilities-
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust, be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, communication and staying on track.
- Demonstrated customer service expertise.
- Keyboarding minimum 40 wpm.
- Accurate 10 key by touch and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a variety of personalities within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and extensive hands-on computer background.
Education and Experience-
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care accounting, medical billing within a medical office required.
- Knowledge of and experience with private billing and collections regulations experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with commercial insurance contract practices, third party billing and billing to private clients strongly preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.