Patient Account Rep., Sr. - Insurance A/R
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003588
- Thoroughly and timely work follow up records in work queues as defined by policies and procedures.
- Process insurance claims correspondence. Read and interpret EOB's (Explanation of Benefits)
- Process appropriate refund in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Present unresolved concerns to Supervisor for resolution immediately with related documentation
- Document account activity accurately and promptly during or immediately following each processed encounter
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of claims, denials, and re-bills of insurance claim
- Responsible for the analysis and necessary corrections of patient accounts as it pertains to clean claim submissions or re-bills
- Responsible for maintaining work queues
- Responsible for telephone and/or written correspondence with insurance companies for claims follow up
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various types of insurance entry information
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance plans, policies and procedures
- Make suggestions on improving Clinic procedures to improve billing accuracy and collections
- Must be accepting of diversity and willing to participate in a team environment; as well as, willingness to follow clinic policies and procedures as established.
- Must attend all required staff meetings, in-service meetings and participate in task force activities
- Performs the duties of a Patient Account Representative, at a more advanced level.
- Handles escalated accounts from Patient Account Representatives and sees them to completion
- Identifies patterns of problems and recommends solutions to help the PFS improve performance
- Presents unresolved patient concerns to the Supervisor for resolution.
- Documents account activity in Epic accurately and promptly during or immediately following every patient encounter on the telephone or in person
- Back up Supervisor when needed monitoring phones and training other staff members. Leads special projects and serves as a mentor to other staff members.
Skills and Abilites-
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust, and be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, communication and staying on task
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a variety of personalities in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience -
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in health care accounting, medical billing within a medical office.
- Experience with and demonstrated knowledge in balancing and explaining account balances.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.