Patient Advocate/Medical Collections Specialist - Temporary Work from Home Opportunity!
Air Medical Group Holdings
The Medical Collections Specialist resolves patient billing issues, evaluates patient's financial status and establishes payment plans, and follows up on payment of delinquent accounts.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, this position will require you to train in office for a short amount of time, and then transition to work from home! This will be a temporary situation and we hope to be back in the office soon. We are not providing computer equipment for you to use at home, so you must have your own computer and a reliable internet connection to qualify.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsels patients and presents options for resolving their outstanding obligations.
- Follow up with Patients to ensure that payment arrangements that were made are upheld.
- Reviews daily credit card transactions and contacts patients for declined transactions
- Routinely checks patient pay accounts for Medicaid
- Enters appropriate documentation and thorough account notes
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Uses outside vendors to find current patient phones numbers, addresses and credit scores
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- 9:30 AM-5:30 PM
- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM
- 10:30 AM-6:30 PM
- 11:00 AM-7:00 PM
- 1+ years of experience in customer service or medical collections preferred
- High School education
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
Successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting. Most importantly, he or she must possess the skills to conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Talk/hear - must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Adequate concentration/Memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgment
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.