Patient Relations Coordinator
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003618
The primary function of this position is working with patients to take complaint information and provide patient customer service .
- Assists the department on a full range of administrative matters related to the organization.
- Performs office clerical duties; processing of administrative paperwork and maintenance of files.
- Receives and responds to patient, employee, and provider concerns, including but not limited to, quality of care concerns, patient incidents and injuries, and requests for withdrawal of care.
- Updates and maintains tracking database for patient compliments, concerns, incidents, and injuries and provides periodic reports for leadership.
- Updates and maintains tracking database for the mentor and preceptor programs, including periodic update of the mentor and preceptor manuals as necessary and appropriate.
- Maintains and manages the withdrawal of care process, including triaging requests, managing the work queue for withdrawal of care related to late cancellations / no shows, preparing and sending patient letters, and filing letters in appropriate files.
- Assists in maintaining employee health records in the appropriate files.
- Responsible for administrative reports, records and correspondence that may be complex or sensitive.
- Maintain calendars and coordinate appointments as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in computer skills with current programs used in an office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Access) required.
- Thorough knowledge of current business office practice using the rules of grammar, punctuation and the correct format for business letters and reports.
- Demonstrated skills in dealing effectively with people at all levels of an organization using tact and diplomacy.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment with minimal oversight, using high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to extract and analyze data.
- Must respect confidentiality.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience in an office setting is required.
- Prefer those with healthcare experience.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.