Patient Service Representative - Ridgefield
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/19/2020
Job Code: REQ0003659
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Provide exemplary customer service; greet and direct patients, family members, and other visitors.
- Register patients and enters or updates demographic and insurance information into EMR system.
- Answer incoming calls; respond to inquiries, or direct caller to appropriate staff for assistance.
- Schedule appointments and accurately enters data into scheduling system.
- Communicate with clinical staff to maintain patient flow and update waiting patients.
- Collect patient payments; applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Balance daily encounter forms and cash drawers.
YOU WILL NEED
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner.
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with flexibility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be willing and able to work at different departments and/or locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a medical office setting strongly preferred.
- Customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience collecting payments from clients and cash handling is preferred.
- Previous experience using computers is required.
- Previous experience with an electronic health record preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Data entry skill of at least 40 wpm.
- Experience with multi-line phone systems.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.