Patient Services Rep Battle Ground
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/8/2020
Job Code: REQ0003576
Schedule for this position is Sat/Sun 6:45am-3:45pm, and M/T/W 11:15am - 8:15pm (Th/F off) This position will support the Urgent Care department.
Serve as liaison between patients, physicians, and internal/external customers in person and by telephone. Facilitate effective appointment scheduling and handle phone calls, patient check-in/check-out, cashiering and other medical office support duties in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Greet and promptly check in patients in a warm, professional manner.
- Verify demographic and billing information.
- Collect payments on account/co-payments and issue receipts.
- Communicate patient arrival to clinical staff promptly; monitor patient waiting period and alert clinical staff as needed.
- Monitor waiting room and appearance at all time; communicate frequently with any waiting patients or guests in the lobby area. Assure lobby is in compliance with Appearance Policy at all times.
- Routinely monitor and distribute incoming faxes throughout the day.
- Process EPIC registration work queues on a daily basis:
- Schedule Orders Report, recall report, follow-up report.
- In-Basket Messages (respond and/or close).
- Scheduling of Patient Appointments.
- Process open referrals daily per established departmental protocol:
- Collect, reconcile, and balance cash receipts each day per established departmental and Cash Handling Policy/Procedures.
- Be responsible for daily base till and ensure that the till is properly maintained and secured on a daily basis.
- Assure 100% compliance with all aspects of Cash Handling Policy/Procedure.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- Previous experience using computers is required.
- Customer service experience strongly preferred; cashier/retail experience helpful.
- Data entry skill of at least 40 wpm.
- Experience with multi-line phone systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced patient care setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service behaviors and presentation.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.