Patient Services Representative Hickory Medical Building, Health First Medical Group, Full Time
To be fully engaged in providing No Harm/Quality, Customer Experience, and Stewardship through friendly, rapid and accurate patient support, including completion of patient registration documentation, appointment scheduling and assistance with a variety of departmental projects and clerical duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the organizations mission, vision and value statement.
- Completes work within authorized time to ensure compliance with department standards.
- Maintains established benchmarks as related to assigned tasks and shows continual growth and improvement in benchmarks.
- Pre-registers, pre-certifies and schedules patients accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processes and maintains all schedules for area of responsibility, runs schedules daily, forwards to appropriate departments and/or individuals in a timely manner.
Communicates schedule changes as needed.
- Assembles charts accurately; verifies correct patient name, orders applicable records, verifies charge information is on chart.
- Shows commitment to individual and departmental Continuous Quality Improvement and organizational operational effectiveness.
- Adheres to all HFMG policies to ensure patient's privacy and the confidentiality of the Health Information.
- Provides general reception duties including: greeting and assisting customers in a timely and courteous manner with a willing and helpful attitude.
- Answers telephones properly, courteously, and tactfully with the public, physicians, outside businesses, and other departments.
Directs calls to the appropriate party and transfers when appropriate. Takes complete and accurate messages.
- Responds to phone messages in a timely manner.
- Maintains physician and mid-level provider patient appointment schedules.
- Facilitates patient appointments and referrals in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides superior customer service focused on professional and effective communication with patients and co-workers.
- Engages patients who have been waiting past their appointment time notifying the patients of any delays.
- Understands the impact of actions, attitudes, and the patient's perception as it relates to overall customer satisfaction and be self-aware of how your role affects the customer's experience.
- Obtains demographic and insurance information from patient in a pleasant, efficient manner and inputs data accurately into the patient management system.
- Verifies patient's eligibility of insurance utilizing assigned tools and resources, updates demographic and insurance as needed and copies information into the patient's account.
- Prepares a financial estimate of the anticipated price for the services to be rendered prior to the performance of services and communicates the information to the patient.
- Collects all current and past-due patient responsibility balances (i.e., co-payment, deductible, coinsurance, self-pay balances, retail products, bad debt balance) prior to services being rendered.
- Performs daily reconciliation, balancing and cash out procedures.
- Enters payments correctly into OTC and Cash Deposits systems.
- Prepares the next day's work for all scheduled patients to include the financial estimate of the patient responsibility balance.
- Initiates IT work tickets to resolve equipment or system related issues.
- Maintains documentation for service on equipment.
- Educational requirement of high school graduate and 1-2 years (Certified Administrative Professional), or two-year associate degree and 1 year of experience in either clerical role or healthcare environment; or high school graduate or equivalent and two years of experience is required.
- Typing 45 WPM.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and abbreviations desired.
- Ability to use or operate computer, copy machine, and fax machine.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to relate well to all customers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
Job: *Clinic Clerical Support
Organization: *Health First Medical Group LLC
Title: Patient Services Representative - Hickory Medical Building, Health First Medical Group, Full Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.