Patient Services Specialist
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 7/10/2020
Job Code: REQ0003518
Is quality customer service and compassionate patient care your priority? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment? Vancouver Clinic is seeking team members for our Patient Service Center. Full-time and part-time positions available.
Days and hours of operation are 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday, and Saturday morning. The right candidate will be able to work full-time during the training period (approximately 4-5 weeks). In this role you will provide excellent customer service over the telephone in a Call Center environment. Will perform initial triage of phone calls per established protocols, schedule appointments, serve as a resource for insurance referral and authorization questions, ensuring all information is obtained prior to scheduled appointment.
Position schedules available after training period are:
M-F 10:45-7:15 w/ (1) 30min lunch & (2) breaks (40 hours/week)
Tues-Sat 8:30a-12:30p (20 hours/week)
- Provide excellent customer care through phone interaction with patients.
- Schedule appointments for patients with in all areas of Healthcare (including primary, specialty, and ancillary services).
- Qualify inbound calls to respond or redirect efficiently.
- Respond to emergent needs according to established protocols.
- Perform pre-registration function including verification of demographic and financial information.
- Serve as a centralized resource for insurance referral and prior authorization questions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous call center experience helpful.
- Previous customer service experience required, healthcare experience helpful.
- Drive for helping others through empathy and compassion.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage critical customer situations with grace and composure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accustomed to fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with EPIC electronic medical record system helpful.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- Ability to work independently yet operate as an integral part of a team.
- Able to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficiency with computers, software and systems.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.