Payroll Manager ANZ
From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
As our business continues to grow, so does our Finance team! We have a newly created opportunity for an experienced and well-rounded Payroll professional to join us as a Payroll Manager for Australia and New Zealand. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and executing on the end to end payroll activities, related to our Australian and New Zealand businesses. Reporting directly to our Global Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for all Payroll activities, on time and accurate payment, ensuring compliance with Statutory regulations, liaison and relationship management with our Payroll Vendor, hands on payroll processing, dealing with payroll queries from internal and external stakeholders, along with working on process improvements for the payroll function. This essential position is a full time and permanent opportunity based in our Melbourne office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within a Global team environment
- Managing the Payroll operations for Australia and New New Zealand
- Leading a small team to deliver on time and accurate monthly Payroll for Australia and New Zealand
- Compliance with all Statutory regulations for Australia and new Zealand
- Oversee and participate in all end to end payroll activities for the Australian and New Zealand business, including data entry, processing various salary components such as leave, commission and overtime, reconciliations, working with our external vendor to disperse superannuation and tax
- Posting of Payroll related information to the General Ledger
- Meeting Month End and Year End timelines
- Partnering with the Global Payroll Manager and broader Finance team on system and driving process improvements for the Payroll function
- Assisting the broader business and external parties on matters relating to payroll and your employee group
- Extensive experience in a payroll function, ideally within a high growth organisation and/or a large corporate environment
- Previous Australia and New Zealand Payroll Manager experience
- Experience with ADP Payforce will be highly regarded
- Well developed knowledge of Australia and New Zealand Payroll requirements
- Confidence in tasks relating to superannuation, tax, awards, overtime, shares and single touch payroll
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- High attention to detail and process improvement mindset
- An openness to take on challenges, be team orientated and open-minded
- A can-do attitude and committed work ethic
Sign me Up!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.