People Development Manager, APAC
Bringing good food into your everyday’ - that’s our mission at foodpanda (small ‘f’). So whether it’s connecting you to the best local eats, or getting you the groceries you need, we’re all about keeping you fed. As we move to grow throughout the Asia-Pacific region, we’re on the lookout for talent excited about making a tangible impact with a fast-paced startup looking to redefine how food, people, culture, and technology come together.
We’re currently looking for an Organisation and People Development Manager to join our regional People team based in Singapore.
Organisation and People Development, or OPD for short, is a team that covers a range of human resource functions, such as “Culture and Values”, “Employee Engagement”, “Performance Management”, and “Learning and Development”. We’re a key voice in how foodpanda as an organisation grows, and also ensure that our employees grow along with the company. As part of foodpanda’s regional office, we also work closely with the People teams in our 12 countries, providing coordination of activities, sharing best practices, and ensuring no country gets left behind.
Although the OPD team’s responsibilities cover multiple areas, we are looking for someone with talent development or learning and development experience to round out the team. Ideal candidates are both thinkers and do-ers, able to balance the actual implementation and execution of projects with constantly questioning and evaluating what could be done better. Most importantly, while the skills and experience listed below are undoubtedly important in succeeding in this role, a key thing we’re looking for in our OPD manager is mindset and attitude: a willingness to be the go-to expert for TD/L&D policies and initiatives, while still been keen on learning more about our other areas of expertise.
This role requires both the strength to stand up for your values and beliefs, and the empathy to understand employees’ concerns, fears, and challenges. If you’re excited at the prospect of having a real impact on the evolution of a fast growing company, we’d love to hear from you.
What's on your plate
- Initiate, implement, and iterate ongoing People projects across a range of disciplines
- Help senior leaders and managers with change management, coaching them on managing expectations, having difficult conversations, and achieving buy-in
- Formulate policies and processes to ensure that foodpanda provides a people-centric employee experience
- Shape the company’s long-term People strategy, weighing in on organisation design and efficiency across multiple countries in APAC
What you bring to the table
- Modern HR mindset, believing in transparency, corporate accountability, and a culture of growth and development
- At least two years’ experience in formulating and executing both strategic and tactical talent development/learning and development policies, ideally with prior generalist experience as well
- Track record of successful project management with excellent organisational skills, and the ability to handle multiple stakeholders and deadlines
- Comfortable presenting to small and large groups of differing levels
- Change management skills
- Written and verbal professional understanding of English
- Previous experience in a startup would be a plus
What we’ll feed you
- A close-knit team that places values communication, independence, feedback, and inclusivity and diversity
- The opportunity to impact organisations across multiple different countries
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing global company
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.