Perinatal Nurse Navigator (RN BSN)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Nurse Navigator to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
Patient Nurse Navigator - Administration
Since 1976, The Woman’s Hospital of Texas has been the state’s premier facility dedicated to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The hospital’s 397 beds offers expertise and outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is currently looking for a Nurse Navigator – Administration.
What you will do in this role:
- Functions on our multidisciplinary team as an advocate, interpreter, educator, counselor, and nurse or social worker and serves as a liaison throughout the facility and in the community regarding services provided to this unique population.
- Identifies every patient with a positive pathology finding and coordinates their care through the continuum in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Provides patients with information regarding community and psychosocial support services and encourages participation.
- Provides breast health education to patients/families, and applicable community groups.
- Develops and maintains a resource library of breast health educational material for patients that is language specific.
- Identifies and fosters relationships with key personnel in other hospital departments and physician offices to develop a referral network that ensures quality and comprehensive services are offered.
- Educates internal and external customers on the role of the Patient Care Navigator and the services provided.
- Provides guidance to patients needing financial support to cover their care.
- Assists with arranging patient transportation where needed.
- Networks with other Patient Care Navigators.
- Tracks interventions and outcomes.
- Is knowledgeable of and assists in achieving accreditation standard compliance.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence, and continued personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities throughout the facility.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a patient advocate and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve program goals.
- Upholds policies of our organization and practices ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters
.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.