Phlebotomist - On Call
The Vancouver Clinic
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Date Posted: 6/28/2020
Job Code: REQ0003475
Must have WA State MA-Phlebotomist certification.
We are looking for a WA State certified Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist who is flexible to work an on-call schedule. On-call employees cover for sick calls, vacations, leaves of absence, and other staffing shortages. Must be flexible to work a variable schedule and at all of our various sites.
The phlebotomist is a professional representative of the laboratory whose primary function is to provide excellent customer service and venipuncture collection. This position will work collaboratively with all healthcare team members toward positive outcomes for the patient and the organization, perform phlebotomy services, collection and handling of specimens, understanding of department procedures and computerized EMR and Lab Information Systems.
- Provide excellent customer service and patient care.
- Specimen Collection, handling, identification, and processing according to CLIA regulations and CLSI guidelines.
- Skilled venipuncture collection of all age categories and patients with special needs.
- Specimen handling of various types of specimens according to established guidelines.
- Follow universal precautions in accordance to Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure Control and OSHA standards in work place environment when receive, handle, process and/or package specimens.
- Maintain patient confidentiality (HIPAA).
- Data entry into the Laboratory Information System for collection and receiving of specimens, lab results and other documentation.
- Patient check-in at reception, verifying insurance and demographic information.
- Retrieve and interpret orders from EMR.
- Perform waived and moderately complex testing as assigned.
- Recognize abnormal results and follow through with reporting/notification/documentation of abnormal results according to procedure.
- Cross-train to be able to perform phlebotomy job function at all facilities.
- Demonstrate good judgment in routine, day to day decisions according to policy and procedure.
Education and Experience:
- Current Washington State Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist credential REQUIRED.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification required.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Minimum of one year of experience using blood collection techniques in a clinical lab setting is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience working with the public or demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals in a positive, friendly and helpful manner.
- Ability to calm patients and work under stressful conditions.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: The Vancouver Clinic
Company: The Vancouver Clinic
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.