Plant Operations Manager
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place
like home, Corteva comes close.
Are you an Operations Leader ready to grow your career and take on a new
challenge? If so, our Plant Operations Manager role in Chatham/Ridgetown, ON at
our production facility is the perfect opportunity for you. Here at Corteva
Agriscience, we are growing what s next by building the future of agricultu
leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of both science a
technology (that s where you come in!) that will better the lives of people
all over the world and fuel the progress of mankind.
As the Plant Operations Manager, you will plan for production resources such as
manpower, equipment, tools, facilities, and raw materials needed to develop
high quality Multi-Channel seed on-time to meet distribution, delivery and
stock transport schedules. We are seeking a strong leader in this critical role
to manage plant production operations and provide leadership and decisions to
staff on operational questions related to their areas and responsibilities.
Utilize your strong communication skills to build internal and external
relationships, deliver great results, and be effective in this leadership
position. Continue to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with us, apply online
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
* Ensure all plant operations and work activities are safe for all
* Continuously driving a safe work culture, ensuring employee engagement
with safety as well as site compliance with all of our safety programs.
* Coach, support, and develop employees on your team in a manner that
fosters effective collaboration and teamwork while also demonstrating and
modeling Corteva Values.
* Enable and encourage direct reports to leverage their full potential and
achieve business results.
* Hold employees accountable for achieving performance results and
demonstrate work behaviors that promote collaboration and teamwork in an
* Establish and support individual and team performance goals that are
attainable and aligned with business strategy.
* Actively encourage and support employees career development, coach
staff in stretch assignments and skill development critical to
employees jobs and overall career objectives.
* Manage quality operations systems and processes; ensure product first
pass-quality and launch root-cause-failure-analysis with countermeasures
in cases when first-pass-quality is not achieved.
* Utilize LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to drive continuous
improvement projects and foster a focused-improvement culture in all
employees and operations.
* Communicate effectively and hold regular team meetings to provide timely
* Plan, organize, and direct plant operations which ensure the most
effective return on assets.
* Review and approve plans for the control of production output, budget
spending, material efficiency, and engineering/maintenance effectiveness.
* Manage the daily plant operations which may include, but are not limited
to: receiving, bulk management, conditioning, treating, packaging,
maintenance, inventory management, warehousing, and distribution.
* Ensure on-time delivery to meet both business and customer needs
Requirements Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
* Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred OR a combination of education and
experience may be considered
* You are a credible, effective leader and have 2 to 5+ years of experience
in leadership or supervisory roles.
* You have a strong understanding of operational effectiveness with 2 to 5+
years of experience in seed production, supply chain, manufacturing, or
another related field.
* You have proven performance development and coaching/feedback skills to
lead all employees to bring their best selves into work each day as they
grow their careers with us.
* You are passionate about forming a high-performing team and have
extensive team building experience.
* You can effectively work with and manage people from diverse backgrounds
to achieve cross-functional collaboration.
* You are results-orientated and have strong priority management skills.
* You have excellent interpersonal communications!
* You lead through your influencing skills, not authority.
* You are committed to safety and quality.
* You have change management and innovation experience.
* 5 to 7+ years of experience in leadership or supervisory roles.
* Process Safety Management (PSM) experience.
* Experience leading safety programs and initiatives.
* SAP and WMS systems experience.
* LEAN Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience and certifications.
* Experience Quality Management Systems and leading quality initiatives.
Let s peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at
* Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including
paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
* Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan,
tuition reimbursement program, and more.
* Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day
* And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.