Portfolio Manager Asset Allocation Strategist
One Company Many Careers!
State Farm Investment Planning Services (IPS) is seeking a Portfolio Manager -
Asset Allocation Strategist in its State Farm Investment Management unit
(SFIM). Reporting to the head of SFIM, you will provide quantitative research
and asset allocation analysis in support of State Farm's newly-created Advisory
model portfolios. You will employ a proactive data-focused approach to
investment research, capital markets analysis and portfolio management to help
the team formulate investment themes and asset allocation positioning (i.e.
strategic and tactical), with the goal of creating and evolving the Advisory
investment program for State Farm's retail customers. In this position, you
will also assist in the formation of investment outlook, content and advisor/
agent education; supporting the due diligence and fiduciary oversight
responsibilities of various IPS investment/product platforms; creating and
establishing State Farm's footprint and point-of-view on investing for State
Farm agents and retail customers. Additionally, you will collaborate with other
SFIM colleagues, as well as members of IPS teams across the organization in the
execution of various research projects. Some travel to SF Agent offices/
customer mandates and conferences nationwide may be required for this role.
When not traveling, this person will work from State Farm's Dallas office.
* Develops and maintains Strategic & Tactical Asset Allocation for State
Farm Advisory Model Portfolios by evaluating various inputs: capital
market assumptions (CMAs), relative value between asset classes,
portfolio optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, factor modeling, return/
risk attribution, and current market conditions
* Lead in the development and maintenance of new quantitative models/
methods to support asset allocation and portfolio management decisions,
CMAs, and glide path construction initiatives (i.e. goals-based Advisory
* Serves as the team's subject matter resource on investment models,
systems and software (i.e. proprietary and 3rd party)
* Assist with the formation of IPS investment committee guidelines and due
diligence standards, and execute governance policies and procedures (i.e.
quantitative and qualitative due diligence) for broader IPS investment/
product platforms (i.e. Brokerage, variable annuity and Advisory)
* Formulates investment outlook, content and advisor/agent education;
creating and establishing State Farm's footprint and point-of-view on
investing for SF agents and retail customers
* Collaborates with team members and internal IPS departments to execute
SFIM & IPS publications and collaterals on a periodic (i.e. weekly,
monthly, quarterly) and ad hoc basis
Office Location (Dallas) where we work hard AND play hard!
At State Farm, we also offer a wide array of development opportunities and a
bright, fresh work environment at CityLine DFW.
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we have several
restaurants on campus.
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* 5+ years of experience in asset management and/or wealth management (i.e.
Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management, or Research capacity).
* 5+ years of direct experience in or related to multi-asset portfolio
management, asset allocation and/or quantitative investment research.
* 4+ years of experience in investment strategy/manager due diligence, open
architecture and oversight of traditional and alternative investment
* Meaningful knowledge/direct experience in at least three of the following
areas is required: strategic/tactical asset allocation formation; capital
market assumption development; portfolio optimization methods; factor
risk/return modeling; Monte Carlo simulation. Knowledge of insurance
products/industry is a plus.
* Meaningful knowledge of multi-asset class investing. Hands-on experience
and expertise in both top-down and bottom-up investment analysis,
including both primary research and curation/assessment of third party
* Detailed knowledge of securities including but not limited to stocks,
bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, alternative investments, and options
* Solid knowledge of investment advisory business including advisory
* Client-facing experience. Strong presentations and writing skills.
* A self-starter with the ability to own initiatives and work in a dynamic/
start-up -like team environment.
* Completion of or progress towards the CFA charter or comparable
designation or a commitment to obtain the CFA in the future.
* FINRA Series 7 and 66 required, or will be required to achieve
registrations in a short period of time of hire.
* Master's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, financial engineering
or a related quantitative field is preferred.
* 5+ years of direct_experience with third-party investment and risk
management systems/tools. (i.e. MSCI Barra, Bloomberg, Morningstar
* Programming skills desirable: C++, Python, Matlab, etc. Proven ability to
develop complex data models in Excel preferred.
* Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the
interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
* Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S.
immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work
authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
* Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money,
* Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
* Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and
* A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee
Development, and more!
* 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG
* Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right,
we trust you...
* We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the
right thing to do!
* Learn more about our benefits at State_Farm_Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life
Come join our passionate team!
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.