PR Lead (Fixed Term, Contract)
Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that makes it easy for people to furnish their spaces. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We're looking for a PR Lead on a 12-month fixed-term contract to cover an upcoming maternity leave and implement our Executive Communications strategy. Key responsibilities include securing media coverage in key business and industry publications, coaching executives for media and speaking opportunities, and building great relationships with media to reinforce Article's position as the leading DTC furniture brand. The role is based at our headquarters, but is also open to candidates based in New York City, New York that can work remotely.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Daily monitoring to capture relevant media coverage
- Develop detailed media plans that support the Executive Communications strategy
- Proactively seek out and generate story opportunities
- Create and maintain media relationships with key journalists and influencers
- Generate media coverage in mainstream/traditional publications, as well as technology and industry-specific media
- Maintain press assets and write communications materials as required
- Report on results of Executive Communications outreach to ensure KPI targets are met
- 5-10 years experience in PR, Communications or a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field
- A solid understanding of the North American media landscape
- A proven ability to proactively pitch and secure media coverage, with specific examples
- Experience media training and briefing executives for interview opportunities
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience in award submissions and coordination of speaking engagements
- Existing media relationships in either business/tech media
- A combination of agency and in-house experience is considered an asset
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Most HQ staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19, and we plan to return to our beautiful office as soon as it is safe for everyone to do so. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, and a variety of ice cream choices just up the street.
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Discounts on our products so you can style your home how you like it
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.