Practice Area Leader - Critical Facilities
Gensler’s South Central Region Critical Facilities Practice Area is looking for a senior leader who possess thought leadership, outstanding client relationships, project leadership, and persuasive communication skills. As technology continues to advance, Critical Facilities are evolving and poised to expand as a market segment. We believe the work our Critical Facilities practice area delivers is creating the global backbone of a digital experience to enable quality access to data in cities around the globe.
Working in collaboration with other Gensler Leaders in this practice area, you will seek to leverage the capabilities of the firm to lead Critical Facilities projects and build this practice. You will have the knowledge and ability to provide guidance to less experienced members of the team, advising and supporting where necessary.
What You Will Do
- Design and deliver world class Data Centers and other Critical Facilities
- Be in the market, actively engaged with clients and potential clients
- Manage client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
- Build relationships with our colleagues across the globe and especially in the SC Region to advance client interests and practice area objectives
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
- Mentor, support, and direct staff to help them achieve not only client goals but personal development goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Architectural registration required
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in Critical Facilities projects (i.e. data centers, command and control centers, high-performance computing, etc. or similarly complex projects that may include science laboratories, high-tech manufacturing, light-industrial, etc.) is preferred
- Capable of generating Critical Facilities Practice Area work
- Experience negotiating project scope and fees
- Experience with managing a diverse architectural firm, regional office, and/or practice group
- Strong leadership, organization, communication, and relationship management skills
- Experience with Autodesk Revit and related BIM software
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401(k), profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.