Practice Lead - Modern Workplace
We are currently looking for a senior leader to lead a passionate team of CSMs and Customer Engineers to be at the forefront of our customers’ workplace transformation. This CSM Manager of Managers is a leadership role in our Customer Success Unit, and will be a passionate, forward-thinking, hands-on leader with exceptional skills in developing and leading a customer-focused team in the frontline of creating business value.
This role is active in leading by example, ensuring that the Team’s capabilities are aligned with Customer Success business goals, championing the success adoption of Microsoft cloud solutions, and driving an exceptional customer support experience through proactive service delivery and operational excellence within their organization.
This is an exciting, new leadership role that will help create bonds with our Modern Work customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that helps Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key responsibilities of the CSM Manager of Managers include:
- Create and drive strategies that create usage growth of "Modern Work" workloads (Microsoft 365 with a focus on Microsoft Teams Meetings and Platform and Apps on Teams) thru Customer Success excellence; Reducing competitive threat.
- Be the thought leader and advisor on innovation in Modern Work workloads. Maintain a strong and active external network to guide/council on technology trends and cloud adoption.
- Amplify the Voice of the Customer within Microsoft, representing the customers’ technical interests, generating insights, removing obstacles, and influencing engineering roadmaps.
- Recognised expert in the Modern Work methodologies, programs and processes; Is a credible technical leader, in order to both coach teams and guide enterprise customers for larger impact and more sustainable cloud solutions.
- Coach and enable your team to lead consumption best practices, create new Managed IP and drive usage culture at scale. Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
- Own the business and results across the solution area, and associated customer experiences.
- Be a vocal leader and customer champion with both local and corporate leadership teams, to elevate cloud adoption issues, the customer support experience and to accelerate resolution.
- Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the Area to drive CSM and CE role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
- Lead the coverage and role orchestration model balancing customer needs, future growth and fiscal year usage goals.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption/utilization opportunity management, Scrum and high-quality reporting and insights through appropriate tools and channels.
- Build strong client relationships through engagement with customer executives, building deep understanding of business needs to facilitate valued business outcomes
- Lead and drive usage culture at scale within the local Microsoft subsidiary and the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Lead consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success of the CSM program.
- Lead the creation of new MIP (Managed IP), and ensure optimal productivity and client value through effective utilization of CE resources
- Build and grow a healthy team through talent management and a thoughtful diversity and inclusion, coaching, and career development focus.
- Is a respected technology leader with the ability to attract, retain, and develop elite talent in the field.
- Inspires and fosters a culture of customer-centricity and consumption, adoption and use, through collaboration with peers and extended teams.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy and loyalty for the CSM and CE practice by maintaining high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile and responsive point of contact for the customer and to be an effective technical Voice of the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Coach and enable CSM and CE M1s, to ensure effective teaming and delivery against targets, to drive adoption and create high-quality customer success plans, and to monitor customer health.
- Leads by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a "showing by doing" mindset.
- Develop capability thanks to your own abilities to coach on the delivery of a functional design / gap analysis, creation of qualitative "Success Plans", the design/driving of adoption strategies and plans, and the optimization of Microsoft’s purchase options for maximum impact.
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment that improves Work Health Index (WHI) results annually.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture.
- Remove blockers for the team.
- Own and drive the adoption and consumption of cloud services and proactive support offerings through discipline in processes, identifying/prioritizing resources to key projects, escalating top blockers and sponsoring systemic improvements to the customer support experience.
- Ensure a predictable and scalable customer engagement model is implemented across all accounts in the segment
- Deliver on financial commitments by managing to the budget for your business and delivering on quarterly financial accountabilities.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process and Scrum, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable successful attainment of goals.
- Facilitate CSM and CE coverage/Utilization model and role orchestration to ensure optimal coverage.
- Identify and help remove blockers in processes both internal and external through escalation, scoping, feedback and coaching.
- Establish regular contact with client base to review and gather feedback on the CSM/CE role and program to drive further improvement.
- Facilitate CSM/CE resources connect to relevant internal stakeholders and build positive relationships across other Microsoft leadership roles.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication, builds trust through creating clarity and delivering success
- Proven experience driving change management or technical adoption required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Ability to act on Customer Escalations and needs; Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time - required
- Extensive people leadership experience, inspiring and fostering a culture of customer centricity, attracting, developing and retaining technical and project management resources required
- Passion for making others successful
- Proven ability to map customers’ business process to product capability required
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams workloads required
- Ability to stay up to date on consumption best practices and sustainable cloud solutions required
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching roles required
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- MBA in IT, finance, or general management preferred
- Track record of owning a business area and exceeding results, establishing a strong voice to drive transformational change across the organization required
- 10+ years of experience in people management required
- 10+ years of experience in consultative selling ideally in consulting or technical sales required
- 5+ years of experience in driving change management and effective adoption within key technologies required
Executive engagement and communication skills required
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Slack, Zoom, Facebook, Cisco, Google desired
- Experience running a disciplined, weekly customer and business review process with cross-functional teams, identifying and prioritizing blockers, and driving resolution through corporate product and engineering teams preferred
- Established track record as technical advisor on a leadership team, building a strong network with CxOs in Enterprise accounts to guide and council on technology trends and cloud adoption, and driving customer requirements with corporate engineering teams preferred
- Global experience desired
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.