Principal Client Engineer
Principal Client Engineer Los Angeles, CA
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is rapidly expanding its development team and is seeking a Principal
Client Engineer to play an integral part of the team focusing on an exciting
upcoming project. This engineer will be actively involved in building a fully
featured app on top of a cross-platform game engine targeting both iOS and
Android users. IMVU is looking for someone who can help drive the client side
3D application and gamification that will include; building new features,
mentoring the team, and driving the project toward launch.
* Are an expert at building high performance systems for games or 3D apps
* Have understanding of modern rendering architectures on mobile devices
* Are a master of C++ and love to get down to the nitty gritty of it
* Love designing architectures used across multiple discipline
* Are looking for the next challenge working in a cross platform/cross play
* Can take a feature from planning to release working across multiple
disciplines and platforms
* Are able to mentor less experienced engineers in the craft of making
games or 3D apps
* Have experience in modern engines such Unreal 4
* A superstar engineer with great coding skills
Then will you join our team and can...
* Be on the forefront of building or next gen mobile platform
* Design, architect and code full features systems from start to finish
* Help lead a team of engineers through the challenges of high end mobile
* Build engaging features that will take the product to the next level
* Push the team forwards towards world class releases of exciting new
* Be a part of establish best practices and guidelines
* Tackle difficult technological challenges and problems
* Work in a demanding and exciting C++ environment with highly dedicated
What you will need...
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
* Five or more years of C++ experience
* Demonstrable experience building games clients and working with latest
* Strong communication skills and ability to lead by example
* Experience using Python, Lua, or other scripting language
* Experience working with source control tools like git or perforce
* To have shipped multiple 3D games or apps preferable on mobile
* As a bonus - have experience in Unreal 4 and proprietary 3D engines
IMVU is a global 3D avatar-based social community of users who come together to
play, interact, and make friends. Far beyond traditional social media, IMVU
users customize an avatar representing themselves to express and interact with
other avatars creating a greater sense of social presence - the feeling of
being with someone else as if you're physically there.
Today, over 5 million IMVU users every month enjoy the freedom to live the life
they create through highly-stylized avatars, interacting with friends in
immersive chat rooms, shopping for new looks, and sharing their experiences.
IMVU is an expressive and collaborative world which includes over 50,000
creators making real money using design tools to create looks and rooms to sell
in the IMVU Store.
To continue our success, we are building an even better way for friends to
spend time together, in 3D, first on mobile and later in VR. The new platform
will support advanced real-time play and interaction of all kinds, and a
marketplace for creators (UGC) of realistic virtual goods, spaces, games and
social experiences. It's the most ambitious technical stack for a 3D virtual
world ever conceived for Mobile, enabled by the latest advances in consumer
mobile devices. Come help us build the future of Social.
* Please try out our core product before you apply. We'd like you to
understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
* Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are
interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover
letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles
without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin,
citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge,
or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.