Principal Medical Writer, Oncology
Job ID R0010475 Date posted 07/25/2019 Location Boston, Massachusetts
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that I agree with Takeda’s Privacy NoticeJob Description
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Principal Medical Writer Program Lead (Oncology) in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission, and a typical day will include:
Within a designated therapeutic area the Principal Medical Writer Program Lead (Oncology) formulates the writing strategy for key clinical documents and regulatory submissions. Guides medical writing (MW) document preparation, including coordination and oversight of assignments to MW vendor (s). Assumes primary medical writing responsibility for preparation of key regulatory response documents and strategic documents supporting major regulatory submissions. Formulates writing approach, develops timelines, and assesses resource requirements. Participates on relevant project teams and task forces, and provides functional and cross-functional guidance on a wide range of issues related to document preparation, including US and international regulatory guidance and requirements for content and format, Takeda requirements (style, electronic integrity, and process), and project- or therapeutic area-specific guidance related to content and organization of specific documents. Leverages external resources to achieve quality, timely and cost-effective compound level submission deliverables..
- Leads a single team which guides medical writing activities within a designated therapeutic area for key response documents and regulatory submissions.
- Leads the writing strategy providing expertise including organization, content, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Provides more complex advanced input for study designs, analysis plans, sections of INDs and marketing applications
- Coordinates and provides oversight for the activities of medical writing vendor(s) (, and ensures resolution of issues.
- Within designated therapeutic or compound function, manages deliverables and preparation of documents for submission to FDA or other regulatory agencies, ensuring consistency of content within therapeutic areas and adherence to regulatory requirements and Takeda requirements and processes across development programs.
- Represents Medical Writing on cross-functional teams and task forces (related to projects, process, and standards).
- As required, serves as lead writer for strategic regulatory documents and key components of regulatory submissions.
- Provides leadership on functional teams that address requirements or issues related to document preparation and production.
- The Principal Medical Writer Program Lead is seen as an expert in medical writing and performs work independently with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, health profession, or journalism required.
- At least 5 years of experience writing for pharma or biotech required.
- 3+ years of electronic documents and submissions required.
- Experience as lead writer for key documents included in major US and/or international regulatory submissions required
- Experience managing writing activities for a major US or international regulatory submission (project or people management) preferred.
- Oncology experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Clear understanding of clinical development, including the phases, processes, and techniques used within a clinical development environment from protocol design through regulatory submission and support for marketed products.
- Understanding of FDA/international regulations, ICH guidelines, and applicable US/international regulatory processes related to document preparation and production (including CTDs).
- Ability to understand Takeda guidelines and requirements related to the preparation and production of regulatory documents and submissions.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly present technical information within and across functional areas.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and interpersonal skills that facilitate effective interactions within functional and cross-functional teams and with external providers.
- Knowledge of team dynamics and ability to function as a team leader.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Boston, MAWorker Type
Job ID R0010475
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.