Principal Product Manager, Technical Computing
Posting date 4 hours ago(7/28/2020 5:38 AM)
Job ID 77816
Category Product Management
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) team is looking for an energetic Principal Product Manager to join us in Boston, MA. In this role, you will help build the next generation of offerings to address the market need for technical computing high-performance computing. You will also help define key workloads in industry verticals like animation, scientific modelling, automotive, and oil and gas. You will define market problems, personas, use cases, and market-based requirements and solutions for enterprise-level offerings. As a Principal Product Manager, you will ensure that the vision for the offering is supported by a product roadmap that is communicated to Red Hat's customers and the Red Hat ecosystem.
Primary job responsibilities
* Lead strategy and delivery of commercial offerings that cater to the needs of the technical computing segment
* Develop and maintain a strategic roadmap and delivery plan in support of solving market and customer problems
* Gather requirements that are influenced by competitive analysis, customer interviews, and partner inputs
* Define and document market problems and opportunities and promote persona, user stories, and business cases as part of the specification and socialization process of the offering
* Help achieve agreement among and collaborate with other product managers to align their roadmaps and ensure suite and solutions success
* Apply your clear understanding of competitive and partner solutions
* Collaborate with the Product Engineering team to determine priorities, plan releases, and maintain roadmaps of our offerings
* Work closely with the Product Marketing team to develop positioning and go-to-market strategy; serve as an evangelist to inform and educate the user community on our offerings
* Maintain solid relationships and regular communication with the Sales, Professional Services, Quality Engineering (QE), Documentation, and Customer Support teams
* Work effectively in matrixed organizations using agile methodologies
* 3+ years of experience working as a product manager in an enterprise or similar establishment
* Willingness to travel up to 25%
* Familiarity with offload technologies like GPGPU, FPGA, and smart NICs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Prior success in gaining agreement across cross-product integrations is a big plus
* Experience with infrastructure software including virtualization, containers, private cloud, public cloud, cloud management platform, replicated storage, and cluster file systems is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.