Principle Java Software Engineer
Position at Worldwide Express
Principle Java Software Engineer
Worldwide Express is building a next generation cloud native platform serving
customers and internal users, the Principal Java Software Engineer will be
responsible for building and maintaining Java applications to support our
business needs. They will serve as the technical lead for software development
projects and help set and maintain design principles and guidelines across our
applications. This includes stand-alone applications as well as Web
applications all supporting internal and customer facing business processes
Essential_Duties,_Responsibilities_ & _Outcomes
* Develop and maintain Java applications in the development and test
* Create coding and design guidelines to be used throughout our
* Work with architecture team to define development toolset.
* Assist in organization code review process.
* Assist in the development of technical requirements for Agile development
* Develop updates, corrections, or enhancements including Business Logic in
* Provide analysis and recommendations for external Java technologies which
could enhance and improve products to meet business needs.
* Assist operations team on application deployment Issues.
* Integrate with other technologies using iPaaS, Rest API, Web Services,
EDI, XML, and SQL.
* Responsible for data security and web site intrusion defenses of Java
* Support the overall SDLC process including continuous integration and
continuous deployment (CI/CD)
in a J2EE environment.
* Strong background in creating multi-threaded Java applications
* Experience with JDBC, Relational Databases like MySQL, Postgres and NoSQL
databases like MongoDB, etc.
* Experience with JPA and Hibernate, MyBatis, etc
* Experience with caching technologies such as Redis or ehcache.
* Experience with Spring based REST services
* 1+ years of experience in native cloud application development experience
* 2+ years knowledge and work experience in XML or EDI for integrating with
* 2+ years of experience in creating applications with RESTful APIs/JSON,
Microservices or service oriented architecture.
* Experience developing Secure web applications containing financial data.
* Experience developing enterprise software through several complete
* Experience configuring CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
* Functional knowledge of Java IDE and SVN development tools.
* Excellent Troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent judgment and the ability to handle escalated situations.
* Motivated to learn and grow in experience and knowledge(tk9nah)
* Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique
characteristics of the Company.
* Working in collaborative relationships across teams, leaders and vendors
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Conflict management and problem-solving.
* Assessment and decision-making skills.
* Relationship building both within the organization and with external
* Presentation and facilitation skills.
* Deductive and inductive reasoning.
* Critical thinking.
* Forward thinking.
* Operational Expertise.
* A competitive Salary
* Advancement opportunity
* A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision
coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship
company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs,
whether it be a small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a
local partner for our customers global supply chain, providing consultativ
service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship
with UPS and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers
with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package,
domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size
business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North
America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to
C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more
packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS,
WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International
Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized
shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express
Operations, LLC, and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC, (collectively Worldwide
Express ) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seekin
the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status,
or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on
valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons.
Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with
disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to
request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human
Resources for Worldwide Express.
Show moreShow less
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.