Private Equity Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
This position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. The Assistant Vice President interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must demonstrate strong technical investment accounting knowledge, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously direct multiple tasks. The position is responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for several clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Assistant Vice President you will
- Provide outstanding service to our clients, always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Lead communications at senior levels with client personnel and investment professionals.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Oversee the supervision of officer and associate level staff and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that regulatory and fund document deadlines are met while adhering to all procedures and quality controls.
- Review and approve NAV reporting packages in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of fund structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Participate in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc. Provide oversight of client on boarding and fund set up.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Identify and participate in system development needs, testing, and procedural improvements.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, particularly those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, and deliver exceptional client service.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work individually as well within a team environment
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Strong accounting background
- Ability to successfully manage people
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Fund accounting experience, ideally 5+ years, for this role.
- A college degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong leadership and resource management skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
FindTheBestJob is a free service and does not charge a fee at any stage of application or recruitment process. Don’t provide your bank account or credit card details to anyone during job application. FindTheBestJob does not guarantee the availability of a job since organizations may end applications earlier than due date.